[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Question for Blovski - the healthmonster strat, how exactly does it fare on endurance runs? Does it run out of steam easily?

I used to do sucessfull but crashy TT paladin runs of Gaan'Telet, I went through old unnerfed AA-s whining but sucessful. What ussualy gives the healthmonster a hard time?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby arrenfrank on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 am

arrenfrank

Postby Blovski on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 am

Blovski

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 am

Lujo

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:01 am

Lujo

Postby Blovski on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 am

Tried the healthmonster on DL - did not work out too well. I think poison and decent items are both necessities for that, and unless the damage protections are changed it's going to stay a bad place for non-fireballers.
Blovski

Postby Mister Bile on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:50 am

Mister Bile

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:19 am

Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:34 am

Ok, i died to a missclick on the latest run, but what I had going would've leveled the boss, even if he still had mana burn. Whole new thing here, unfortunatly with limited application elsewhere (apart from maybe Naga City, haven't been there a while).

So, all the reresach and text walling and spam revealed to me somethign which was allready known, but I've forgotten. Except not I know why it works the way it works in more ways than one.

Dragonshield Goblin Crusader %resist stacker. And 'Ole Busted Drac, who is busted. Whish I had a screenshot.

Anyway, the crusader is an excellent Regen fighter material, provided you can "build him into it". His abilities go about it in a back-to-front fashion, though, and what seems to be his "main" ability is misleading in this regard. He starts out with immunity to poison, mana burn and curse (the main regen fighting plagues), and also provides an extra altar for more "+res" boon scumming. It works in Gaan'Telet, except you can't choose which altar spawns (I wonder why I never tried if the "spawn an extra altar" stacks with Crusader or even works in Gaan'Telet.

I took a Gobbo so I can DING! whenever I want on top of my ridiculous resistances, and save popcorn for TT and Taurog piety farming. Drac needs no piety farming other than a level of sanguine (ended up with so much even after I took the +15res boon, I resorted to stacking sanguine not to waste). Also, the immunity from everything sort of makes most of the challenges in Gaan'Telet lose their bite, and removes the only qualm with Patches. Momentum was ok for getting bigger hits in on stuff while I farm piety, although the inconsistent damage coupled with GETINDARE use got me killed in the end on the last enemy before Horatio.

Gods were TT (money stuff and Poison), desecration of topside EM altar and 1 Tribute then Taurog (a bit deeper, I got through at least 3-4 floors in TT), took only the armor, got some more piety then went then Drac. Patches + Dragonshield + boons had me at 56% resists (could've been more), and I also had platemail. 15% Sanguine on top of it, and Poison. Yeeeeeah.

Was fun. Crusader's probably ok all in all, this is Gaan'Telet shannenigans, with a bit of "use it before they adress it" sillyness with drac, allthough... If "extra altar prep" stacks with him to give you 5 altars, and you have acess to the Dragonshield (or even the CO +8% charm), and don't mind dumping money into a run, he's probably the easiest %res based regen fighter to build from scratch.

EDIT: Especially if HALPMEH use could be worked into the routine (join drac first, drink up bloodpools, grab resists, convert out, bit iffy outside of endurance runs). If I had halpmeh my damage output would be silly, this way, most of my mana went towards GETINDARE spiking. Oh, well...

EDIT: It can, at least in Gaan'Telet - instead of stacking sanguine, I would've simply joined Mysterea at that point and HALME'D up a refreshment, then piety to convert back to Drac after I'm done with mana all togather...
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 am

Done. After too many hours, it's done.

Also, if you're doing Gaan'Telet, bring/fing the alchemist scroll. And worship Glitterfinger and Packmaster, stack %res and go Drac in the end. Martyr Wraps and Whurlagrble make a Bloodsell + %res endgame silly.

No poison, no HALPMEH (hell, no potions except whoopaz at Horatio). 190 HP with 10 sanguine and all the bloodpools in Gaan'Telet... I had a goblin ready to DING! me topside, but Drac was 2 floors away from Horatio, ended up not needing it. Wow.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons