Quick suggestion

Got a problem? Let us know!

Quick suggestion

Postby Camedo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 am

I've been playing non-stop for several hours, and I have a simple UI suggestion i'd like to pass on for consideration. (You guys should consider a board for suggestions, i'm not sure where to send this :?)

When a counterattack from an enemy would kill you, and you have death protection, it currently says "Barely Alive" - which is technically true. But I think it would be much nicer if it instead said "Death Protect" or something similar to indicate that you're about to burn off your death protection buff.
Camedo

Re: Quick suggestion

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:01 pm

I'd say this is probably the right place for suggestions ;)

Are you saying that it's not obvious that death protection is going to pop off? What about after the animation? Wording there is pretty fluid - although initially "Death Protection" had length issues in that box, plus it wasn't immediately obvious what it was referring to either. We'll probably eventually make the Death Protection icon expand and animate when you mouseover an enemy that is going to remove it, that might be a more intuitive approach.
dislekcia

Re: Quick suggestion

Postby Camedo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:58 pm

I like the animation of it breaking, but at that point it's already gone. I just feel there needs to be some indicator that death protection will pop off before you lose it. An animation would work, as long as it's obvious enough to draw attention to it. :-)
Camedo

Return to Support