Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:45 am

I recommend Bink for processing if you're just going to be crunching video down. It's a lot faster and cleaner than most systems I've used, once you get over the initial WTF interface part.

The jittering could be caused by interlaced video - turn that off and it shouldn't try to compress alternate scan lines on successive frames.
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Ty, I'll give it a shot as soon as opportunity presnets itself.

Also, I've had problems with interlacing before. Unfortunately I'm sort of forced to use adobe premiere pro ATM, and I'm more of a Sonny Vegas guy. Need like 2 days of no work, responsibilites and wife around to fix up all my hardware and software, and as soon as I manage that (next month probably) I'll get cracking. If opportunity presents itself sooner, then sooner, ofc :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 am

Yesterday I tried out the vampire in Gaan´Telet and I am still amazed that it worked :D

Lifesteal of 75 against Horatio without any resistances was awesome^^ Just a clicking orgy :)
Was that intended?^^
Nurator

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 am

Probably not :lol:

Although that's what 100% resists would look like. Health cost of making an attack - effectively 0. Most powerfull mechanic in the game by default (damage resistance, or rather, resource free reduction in health cost per attack) and needs to be kept in check and only moderately available, otherwise you get that.

Not sure how Gaan'Telet giving you potential extra resources (moot, really, only extra thing is the sensation stone tbh), and Drac (again, I don't have vamp unlocked so I have no clue on Vamp worshiping him being possible) figure into it...

Also the status of the Vamp being a post-game bragging prize as fara sa balancing is concerned might figure into it as well.

Also, Horatio's damage is pretty mediocre for a boss, he's like a really souped up SMM with res on top of it. How much more lifesteal could you get in a regular run?
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 am

Gaan'Telet has awesome monsters on the top side who are really easy to defeat/keep for life drain. Sensation Stone and the Mining Things are great to get extra life steal, but 8 life steal is nearly on the top of it (without any items increasing it). Worshiping Drac is not possible, no boss at all can be worshiped with a vamp...

The main problem of life steal is that you can only steal as much as you deal damage... 75 was hard enough to achieve :) So maybe its just a Gaan'Telet thing... in normal dungeons I suck with vamp :D
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:11 pm

If you use plate mail you only need 55 Lifesteal. And Platemail is optimal for Vamps.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 pm

What's his conversion rate?

So technicaly, Gaan'Telet offers the following as opposed to most other subdungeons:

1) One Sensation Stone and 5 Goblin Bombs (both might not appear) worth of CP (unless you use a bomb or two otherwise)
2) Acess to all altars except pactmaker, with more chance of getting TT or Taurog, and more chance not to get any of the others.
3) A lot more XP all togather, allthough the only way to really exploit this is Patches and Martyr Wraps tbh. I think.
4) A lot more piety-for-kill opportunities, so more repeatable permanently stacking boons (Mysterea farm can get really silly in there, I've been casually taking the Magic boon for 85 at times)
5) A lot more bloodpools, and more overall exploration you can try to use/conserve.

That's about it. It's not all that much considering all the stuff you're supposed to beat, really.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:52 pm

I think I figured some stuff out, teaser here, real deal (or at least part of one with a few nice trickshots) comming soon :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH56--bY ... ture=g-upl

(If this is indeed watchable, try out different sizes and qualities, would appriciate feedback :) )

EDIT: And all that + 5 more minutes + commentary is baing uploaded now :) I managed to sound less like a russian mobster, upped the volume a bit (not sure if enough / too much). I'm still a bit droney and nazal, but hey, there's only so much you can do when your default way of producing sound is speaking from your backside straight through your nose :D
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:04 pm

And here's what seems to be the real thing. For now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcrNbUo4 ... plpp_video

And the next segment is being rendered, with the end of the snakes, wraiths, goats and 2 Goo Blobs, with the follow up coming in the third and final segment which sadly ends in a crash :(
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Remember that original level 5 gorgon? After you used your potion you were 2 or so hp short. You should have killed a level 1 to discharge the burning, resulting in the gorgon's death. Still, great start! My bloodmage win threw me snakes as the last floor. It was AWFUL.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons