[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Locker Space!!!

Locker Space!!!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Locker Space!!!

Postby Blovski on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I vote infinite lockers if you 100% all four directional Vicious dungeons.
Or as a more realistic goal, how about if you beat Vicious Gaan-Telet. You already get 9999 so why not unlimited lockers?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:56 pm

How about both? You just change the dark souls quest so it gives you the vault (after all, once you own GT you can store a hell of a lot of stuff in there), and you make a quest that forces you to beat all 4 Vicious. You could even have that quest unlock GT.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Darvin

Postby Fran on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Fran

Postby fall_ark on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 am

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 am

Actually, the Vicious dungeons have been (mostly) nerved to a level where they are beatable as a semi-hardcore/skilled player. Using the optimal class and preps you shouldn't have too much trouble with any of them.

The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm

One more reason for an infinite locker: the PQI.

I cant count the number of times I've had a crazy combo on my hands and thought,

"Oh, i could use X item with this class and race. What an unusual combination, I never would have thought of that."

Too bad, it's not lockered. Completely saps the creativity and spontaneity that makes the PQI awesome.
Bloggorus

Postby Pehaw on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 am

Here is an idea I had that would alleviate alot of concerns raised by both sides. As players we really don't want to lose hard to find or useful items out of the lockers. The dev's idea is for people to have a unique kingdom.

What if the items that you bring back from the last run, as in the lockerable items, were available as a choice for your next run. So basically a rotating locker. Since those items don't come back if you die it would keep people from not lockering their favorite items. Also to prep an item from here could cost significantly more, not an outrageous amount, I would think at most 3-5 times as much to also keep the regular lockers desirable. You still have to do a few runs to find the item you want, but you wouldn't have to do runs to replace the item you usually use.

In the end you end up with 50% less grind, slightly more but less stable locker space and maintain a unique kingdom experience.

edit: Had a couple more thoughts to add. These no real need to gate this to a certain quest/upgrade as the gold cost and mostly open locker of a starting player provides little incentive to use these slots instead of the locker, while still providing an opportunity to try a new item. And to keep in spirit with the devs it really add to the meaningful decision. Do I just want to try this item a couple times or do I want to have it regularly available. It gives you chances to experiment but can be balanced to not replace regular lockering.

Sorry for the text wall but to me anyway it seems this could add some gameplay value while keeping to the spirit of what both sides desire.
Pehaw

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons