[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Ignorable post regarding an evening's success. (tl, dr)

Ignorable post regarding an evening's success. (tl, dr)

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Ignorable post regarding an evening's success. (tl, dr)

Postby squirrelnest on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:00 am

Nothing in the following post is really worth posting, but I felt the need to tell someone. I couldn't get my sleeping wife to care, and this page seems a little more spam friendly than the other one, so here we go.

I knocked out several successful runs in a row tonight, which was fun and atypical for me. A goblin bloodmage *finally* beat shifting passages. I prepped fine sword, extra glyph, and slayer wand. Binlor and the wall breaking glyph spawned, and the whole run was delightful. Once I got my magic resistance to about 40% the heavy concentration of magic foes there really stood out. (Dragons, those blue jinn things, and wraiths.) Once I had gotten everything I was going to get out of binlor, I had enough piety left over to convert to the magic god and get replenishment. Felt nice to knock that one out after so many tries.

Then I worked on the witch quests and was able to unlock strength potion- that thing feels broken. I imagine I'll be prepping it every run from now on. 15 or so extra damage at level 1 or 2 is like 1 and a half free hits.

After that I started messing around with a gnome warlord, which may be my new favorite. With the magic god I took the boon that evens out mana costs by 2 so that cydestep only cost 8, and managed to get my mana up to 16. Entering a fight with death protection up and able to cast 2 more before even using anything else was great.

Then I took a human rogue to rock garden and almost lost my winning streak. Binlor and and the plant god were on the map, and I took binlor first. He took the golem that has 75% physical resistance down to about 30% for me, but it still needed like 8 hits to go down. Thankfully, all the plant god wanted from me after converting was a bunch of blood pools which were already all over the map and gave me a large enough hp boost to be able to tank a few golem hits. I used my last potion- I even bought junk items from all the shops just to convert them. When I realized I was going to just barely win I let out a cheer- which is about when I discovered that the wife would rather keep sleeping than hear about my victory (selfish! :lol: ) and decided to make this wall of text.

TL, DR: I had fun tonight and made a little progress. Whee.
squirrelnest

Re: Ignorable post regarding an evening's success. (tl, dr)

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Glad you're enjoying the game :) I like reading posts like this, makes me think we're getting closer to the right sort of progression in the game.
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to General Discussion