Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TrKf37A ... plpp_video

Part III of the Tinker run, and part IV is available here:

http://youtu.be/p5UOx3O4gxk
Last edited by Lujo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Great job! I'm still not sure how you won it, but it's incredible that you did!

Also, have to agree on the sand trolls. They're the worst floor of all.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Ty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkgkg14c ... e=youtu.be

And there's how I done it, as well as beating up a bunch of trolls. :D And a lot of rambling :)

It's uploading ATM and it's about 15 mins long so it'll take at least half an hour (I even edited out most of the floorhopping, and just finishing the trolls and the end fight took 15 mins. Just... think about it.).

On the other hand, most of my mistakes happen because I sort of "know" what I need to have to win and I mostly blunder whenever I have an opportunity to get something extra. It's a character flaw I guess, I have to work on making use of "extra credit" opportunities.

EDIT: It's done :)
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 pm

I didn't think I'd have the patience to watch through the whole thing, but somehow I did. It was an entertaining watch.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Ty, I bet most people wouldn't have patience to play through the whole thing, and with good cause. I'm glad cutting all the floor hopping payed off :)
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah, that was awesome! I've never had BYCEPS for any of my runs, so I had no idea of its awesome power.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 pm

How scum-tastic do you have to play to reliably beat Gaan Telet? It seems that you absolutely rely on B2P and GETINDERE. Would it still be doable with one or both of those glyphs missing?
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm

GETINDARE is granted by TT, but I'm pretty sure you need both. And BYCEPS if you are a Tink.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:48 am

Well, I don't scum at all now that they removed the mana burn from Horatio. I was reliant on B2P and GETINDARE in this run, yes, but that's because they are just that good. There are other ways. A pure %res stacker can go without either, but would have to play in subtly different ways. That said B2P and GETINGARE are incredibly awesome.

For Example, I haven't found Mysterea, and I've done runs where I worshiped ONLY Mysterea. Then I only showed Martyr Wraps here, but Alch Scroll, Dragonshield, Tri-Sword, Platemail could be good preps, and If I had the Lifesteal Dagger unlocked i'd probably prep him too.

You don't really need Byceps - I know I had it, so I was focusing my entire playthrough on a Drac + Bycepss endgame. It was ment to be a Mysterea + Bycepps INTO Drac, but I got Trolled. If Binlor had walls, i'd have more creative ways of getting might, and for a Fireballer, a piecing wand can do the trick.

Anyway, there are other ways to do it, and I'll be showing them. :)
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 am

Awesome. Do you think it's possible with all/most classes?

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons