[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - IMAWAL

IMAWAL

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: IMAWAL

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Especially in later or curse heavy dungeons.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 pm

To put it short it overlaps with two other glyphs for XP boosting, and the other two glyphs have beneficial effects in addition to the XP boost, while IMAWAL has a penalty.

However, all of this might have a bit to do with slow giving +1 XP which enchroached on the original IMAWAL buff (on transition to beta) which made it the XP glyph.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Yeah. I will take ANY glyph over it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 am

Nandrew

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:14 am

I also understand that IMAWAL doesn't work staggeringly well in tandem with Slayer Wand.

This makes me more concerned about Slayer Wand than IMAWAL, though. Too many players seem to have this as their invariable goto for every situation. Me no likey.
Nandrew

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:35 am

And because I don't wanna let any point slip by in the least: gods who are unimpressively impacted by a petrification include GG (very marginal piety loss, and easy enough to avoid conflict with Absolution targets), and Jehora (A single piety roll).

Gods who need to consider a SERIOUS worship impact include Taurog (uh, he doesn't care much for spellcasting anyway, guys ;) ), followed by Tikki Tooki and Dracul (which is still no excuse for not finding a sweet level 9 before glyph conversion).

Earthmother loves IMAWAL, naturally*. And it can't displease Binlor either, because more walls are just fodder and he's not a very XP-enriched god on his own. A spell is a spell is a spell, meaning Mystera gives it the thumbs-up.

Pactmaker shrugs, for the most part. Maybe you're building up resistances.

I'd actually rate the gods with IMAWAL like so:

2 directly synergise.
1 enjoys minor benefits.
3 see little impact, reduced to none with a bit of responsible play.
2 make it more difficult.
1 makes it nearly impossible to use (along with most other glyphs)

I find this an acceptable god/glyph mix, personally. I think the biggest stink here is that the deities which this glyph happens NOT to work with particularly well are just the current crowd favourites. I'm looking at you, Dracul/Tikki. If enough people are playing with these guys religiously (teehee), then of course IMAWAL is going to be viewed poorly.

*heh, pun
Nandrew

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 am

TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Whoaaaaa more into on IMAWAL than I've ever seen in one place.

I don't particularly like the idea of imawal being a purposefully 'low tier' glyph though. Given that glyphs roll randomly, IMAWAL turning up means something more flexible doesn't turn up. Radom junk in shops is fine, because the gold cost is always appropriately low for the item. Items and glyphs aren't in the same boat.

Maybe I might try it again, the last time I bothered with imawal was when the exp curve was curvier. If my maths are right, that should make imawal more effective than bonus exp for high level kills in most cases?
Bloggorus

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons