[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Warlord silver challenge

Warlord silver challenge

All things Desktop Dungeons

Warlord silver challenge

Postby arem on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:07 pm

So I want the trisword, but I am having a lot of trouble with the Warlord challenge. I've made multiple attempts without even approaching victory. First attempt I rolled up my normal human warlord not knowing what to expect. I found the poison glyph and tried for an attrition strategy, only to learn the boss absorbs everyone after the first hit. Then I got trapped on my second time. Third try I explored half the level before finding my first enemy on a lower level than five.

I really have no idea how to even begin doing this and it is rather frustrating. It looks like I can prep a thief thing and a mage thing, so I took the smuggler's den for extra exploration. Maybe fireball magnet to kill revenants?. I am usually a human warlord, but maybe gnome would be better in this case, since it seems like I need about a million Cydstepps.

I don't want to sound like a whiner, but with my current skill level this challenge does not seem even vaguely feasible. I haven't even between the Hex ruins with a a warlord regularly. Asking me to do a harder version with gimped preparation feels completely unreasonable. Considering the fact that most of the class challenges can be unlocked when you are still wandering around the den of danger, the difficulty curve here is really extreme. It would be okay if I was just doing it for the challenge, but putting a really good item behind it is just...extremely frustrating.
arem

Re: Warlord silver challenge

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:09 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 am

Err... I don't mean to sound braggy at all, but I've found it one of the easier ones. Focus on killing high level monsters. Use Entanglement from EM to take out Revenants. When you think you're ready for the boss, clean up all lower level monsters using entanglement frequently to kill the revenants. Fight the boss with as few monsters left as possible because he has the same power as Stheno. As soon as you use your pre-casted and 10 mp CYDSTEPPs, take Plantation and use Clearance to fund more CYDSTEPPs. If there aren't enough plants, take an entanglement or two. You can also use entanglement for your last hit.

On the topic of the other mentioned silvers:
Fighter: Use a dwarf, attack, level up, attack, potions, GETINDARE always wins, and that's assuming you don't use your dodge prediction.
Rogue: Very tricky. You need to prep Drac, find Pactmaker immediately, take Consensus and then Warrior's Pact. Use your consensus piety to get blood tithe. Save your blood pools to fuel endgame Bloodswells.
Paladin and Bloodmage: Err... I haven't played them in forever so I don't know.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:41 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:42 am

That's very true. Without knowing EM (and her awesome slowing and mana granting capabilities) this would be quite difficult.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:52 am

We really need some kind of challenge strategy guide. I'd do it myself, except I've only just started to explore them. Even a simpleshort summary would help a lot, like:

Fighter Bronze: Spam Wonafyt at the beginning to collect all of the level one monsters. There are only 2 monsters each for levels 2-7, so wonafyt can be used as a reliable tactical slow effect at levels 2 and higher.

Fighter Silver: You need a dwarf to reliably be able to beat the boss. GETINDERE seems to be a guaranteed spawn. Mana potions are almost useless against the boss so use them during the level up process instead. Once you get over 125 health, start using a mid level goo blob or meatman to stack up your dodge chances, and spend your dodges against the boss. Between a few level ups and GETINDERE, you should be able to win. Early set up with WONAFYT helps a lot, and WONAFYT might be guaranteed (would like confirmation/refutation on this).
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 am

We really just should get a Walkthrough of the game stickied up for people. With a list of unlocks and help for dungeons class challenges, puzzles, etc.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Okay, I'm bumping this to talk about two certain challenges:

Monk Gold: Okay, this is practically impossible. You have no shops, no preps, and only a few did choices, the best of which is JJ. Now they're throwing you against a boss that could fit in a Vicious dungeon practically.

Bloodmage Silver: Really? This is unfairly cruel compared to other silver challenges. What actually kills me are the barbing bushes because I end up with about 1000 on the screen.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Bloodmage silver has me beaten. I'm sick of that map.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons