[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I don't even know why I have to ask this...

I don't even know why I have to ask this...

All things Desktop Dungeons

I don't even know why I have to ask this...

Postby screeg on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Why can't we use arrow keys/numpad to move anymore?
screeg

Re: I don't even know why I have to ask this...

Postby michal.lewtak on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Because it's pretty pointless since you don't see battle prediction, and because you spend half the game jumping around from one end of the map to another.
michal.lewtak

Postby screeg on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Right, it's "pretty pointless". I liked it and I don't see how it hurts to leave it in. If it was never there, I'd feel like I was asking for something special. Considering the basic gameplay it doesn't hurt.
screeg

Postby michal.lewtak on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Don't worry, I'll bet they add that back :) Best to do it with the 78946123 numpad keys, for diagonal movement too.
Hey QCF, how about a keyboard mode where all enemies that are around you appear in the tabs and you can use tab to view the battle prediction (and move toward them to kill them)? And then, Ctrl+[direction] or something would move you all the way in one direction until you reach the last tile you can step on without exploring new tiles. That would make it even better for whoever prefers the keyboard. As for navigating complicated terrain one would still be able to click to move.
michal.lewtak

Postby q 3 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:33 am

q 3

Return to Desktop Dungeons