[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Warlord silver challenge

Warlord silver challenge

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Warlord silver challenge

Postby booooooze on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 am

I'm serious: Bloodmage silver isn't so bad. Once Lujo does it once he'll be complaining about how easy/broken it is.

Having said that, I'm not sure that it's supposed to be the way it is. There's no way you can possibly take out his first form using magic. There are just too many plants. Goblin + bear mace is the way to go.

Thief silver is much harder, methinks. And I think most golds are impossible.
booooooze

Postby Blovski on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:55 am

On the subject of challenges, might suggest flagging up the Bear Mace for Berserker Silver a bit more overtly. I was being thick as a post for a very long time and didn't realise I was meant to prep it. Much unneccessary rage was had.
Blovski

Postby booooooze on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:00 am

booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:33 am

Goblin with bear mace? I would think RBS for bloodmage silver.

Most of the golds aren't too hard, but the rest are broken.
Fighter: Impossible
Berserker: Very challenging, but doable
Warlord: Easier than it looks. Beat it in one try.
Theif: The boss is so easy it's a joke.
Rogue: Tricky, but, with Binlor, doable.
Assassin: Extremely easy. Get lifesteal, ENDISWALL and 5% sanguine. It's a joke.
Priest: Annoying, but winnable.
Monk: Impossible ATM
Paladin: Difficult, but doable.
Wizard: Very challenging.
Sorcerer: Hellish, but BARELY winnable.
Bloodmage: Haven't played it in ages I've been so focused on the silver.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Naoya on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Actually, gnome bloodmage has just enough mana to pull this off - but these plants.
Not only blocking my way, but also my precious bloodpools I´m keeping untouched for the second form... whished earthmother would be preppable.

Looking at the actual threadtitle, I think warlord is the easiest silver challenge.
Although bleaty keeps trolling me everytime with "omg-only-1hit-more-plz" scenarios...
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Nah, Assassin, Paladin, and Wizard Silver are easier.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:07 pm

The barbing bushes are basically the reason it's so hard to win. Sure it'd be difficult without them, but winnable.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 am

The funny thing is that the only Gold challenge I've done is the Paladin one, and I found it rather fair.

And as for the Bloodmage silver - I tried the mace & goblin combo, but it never worked out for me. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, that theres something about my playstyle (and I can do other stuff than just stack %res :P ) but I just can't seem to do this. I'm not even close.

I don't think I'll consider it easy even if I beat it, because it's not on the same map as the other silver challenges as far as I'm concerned. But, since other people are beating it, I whish I could at least learn a bit about the flaws in my playstyle by "sloving" it.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 am

Just beat it. I didn't have too much trouble. I scummed for the soul orb and talked the boss at level 8. I leveled up 3 times during the fight and won without using a hp potion. Once you get past form one he's easy.

The key is clear out all poison and mana burn plants. Then after you kill form one clear out all corrosive plants and pools of corrosion and throw down a burn salve.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons