[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - PQI Party Thread

PQI Party Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: PQI Party Thread

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Darvin

Postby subanark on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Wow, naga purists on magma mines, only 2 tries (also got feeling parched, ding max, and cheeky). Mostly hit and run high level meat men. Saw GG, but he isn't very kind to continued poison use. Found goat dungeon. Found drac, which is pretty nice since I can stack bloodshield with my current resists. Found a vamperic blade which helps get me piety and I can use lower level (mostly meat men) as punching bags for extra health. Also picked up sanguineX2 (although I didn't really use it) and drain once (can't afford to lose any more max resists). After killing the two mini bosses I picked up a battlemaster's ring I also didn't end up using any bloodsweels.

BTW, is it me or does death gaze not actually work on non-bosses. It seems like I can strike first, but not outright kill them when they are low enough while the boss seemed to go down early. I though it should have worked the other way.
subanark

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:51 am

Okay, here's how death gaze works: As soon the monster's/boss's hp goes below the threshold you do your base in unresistable damage that hits before first strike. After your extra base hit you exchange blows as normal.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:05 am

dislekcia

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 am

fall_ark

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:27 am

Cheeky Goblin Thief in Slime Pits

Not so bad, but I screwed up, clicking on the dungeon from the quest screen rather than the map and got locked into a Purist run as well. Cheeky ended up being hard. I had to blow a potion to get that first kill. Not a good start. Found B2P and leaned on it hard to beat Tower of Goo. Supermeat Man was a huge sprawling battle that spanned the entire map and multiple level ups. I found the Bloody Sigil right next to SMM, which made it possible.

Happy to have the Purist badge snatched away from Slime Pits. I followed up by sending a Taurog Berserker with Really Big Sword to get the Warmonger badge so that PQI doesn't get any ideas.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 am

Great idea! I'm a bit sick of PQI throwing me gnome monks in there.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Odd little quest

Dwarf sorceror warmonger Western Jungle

As with most warmonger runs, your choices of deity aren't all too great. I went for Taurog. Anyway, pretty standard Taurog game. The Bloody Sigil is a very nice way for warmongers (esp. dwarves) to get the most out of black space early on, balanced dagger also a good call since warmongers lose all bonus XP. Anyway, interesting trick for western jungle, had amassed 100 piety, got one death protection. Binlor and GG also on the field. Decided instead of the usual Taurog spike I'd hit up Binlor and take 5 stone hearts to flatten 50 walls and get another +15% or so MR for a total of 45% (elven boots as well). This counteracts the ridiculous plant-spawning the boss does. If you want to level mid-fight you can go for 4 stone hearts instead to keep the resistances.

Then I remembered the plants are all Mana Burn anyway so it didn't matter but for non-warmongers, could be a useful trick.
Blovski

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons