[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - In my day, we had to walk uphill to school, both ways

In my day, we had to walk uphill to school, both ways

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: In my day, we had to walk uphill to school, both ways

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:33 pm

The old DR vamp... That was pure fun...

Also, wish we had our old Dragon Shields. That was sooo much fun.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 pm

It just occurred to me that we're fast approaching the 1-year mark for the beta. Here's a toast to all the oldies who have been around since the pre-beta days. There aren't a lot of us left (I think me, TigerKnee, Subanark, and q 3, and that's it), but it's been quite a ride.
Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:03 am

fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:49 am

I don't know about the forums, but I've played alpha extensively, and lurked for ages before posting. Like I said, one of the actual "you're kidding me" hard moments actually got me involved. Happy one year people :)

And as for "was this ever silly", taking a no piety loss palading of GG through Gaan'Telet and not losing any resists on the -15% res los per hit floors, on the "bare bones" minimalist profile was probably the most unbelievably and unexpectedly easy things I've ever done. TT paladins were really, really rare back then and I was exploring uncharted realms. Turned out they were full of cheeze :lol:
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 am

I can't say I was with the Beta for it's full year, in fact my first update was cuirious things are afoot, but I was with the alpha long before it. All I can say, is throughout all my time here I've enjoyed every second of it.

Happy almost one year anniversary. We've all had a great time.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 am

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 am

Here's an idea for an Avatar's Symbol rework (since the current one is a lackluster "trophy" item):

Whenever you take damage, you gain an attack bonus boost equal to the number of hit points you lost your next attack. This would be applied after resistances and damage reduction, and any damage you ignored with death protection wouldn't count. Otherwise the idea would be "take 80 damage, get +80% attack bonus on your next attack".

Closer to the version of old, but not a "warlord only" item.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:57 am

Woah, that's a strange, interesting, and cool sounding idea. Would it actually be the amount of health it removed or how much it should have done (in regards to DP).

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:29 am

How much it removed; the way it's defined, it already works really well with rogues and warlords so further synergy with DP (particularly 1-HP chains) should be totally unnecessary. Still wickedly powerful, though.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 am

But not do broken it would make the game a joke (see old vampire).

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons