Refurbishing the tavern: how about a library?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Refurbishing the tavern: how about a library?

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Since the tavern doesn't really do anything anymore, and because we have gotten a sudden influx of lore dungeons, how about replacing it with a royal archives or somesuch, where your hard working scribed record the collecting wisdom of the ancient empire.

This might also be a good place stash ingame references and maybe have an 'item hit list' that shows how many items have yet to be unlocked.
Sidestepper

Re: Refurbishing the tavern: how about a library?

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Since I think the Tavern is going to become the go adventuring button, just adding a new archives building would be great. It could store all the monsters, lore signs, gods (and what the like or dislike), glyphs, items, dungeons, etc. That way, if a new player doesn't get slow or burning, he can just go to the reference section on glyphs and read up on BURnDAYRAZ or WEYTWUT.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Refurbishing the tavern: how about a library?

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Ooooohhh! And write stories to share online!
I kid, I kid. Probably not going to have that kind of dedicated server. Though text only shouldn't become a bandwidth problem....
fall_ark

Return to Desktop Dungeons