[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - He's The Crafty One

He's The Crafty One

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: He's The Crafty One

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Just beat Tikki 3. It was tricky, because the items leave you with a lot of things you can do. Still, not too hard.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:06 pm

In my opinion, the description of the dodge potion in Tikki 2 is cryptic and misleading.
It says it gives you 100% dodge, but kicks in after a while. I guess this is supposed to explain how the potion works, but it really doesn't. It feels more random than anything else this way, although it's simple: get hit once, get dodge afterwards.
Took me several tries to figure this out, although I knew that the normal version of the potion resets the chance every time you get hit.
Without being on the forum, I wouldn't know why I had to be hit once before the effect kicks in. I wouldn't know if it depends on the actions I made, the damage I took, etc. I'd guess it's something random I can't plan around with, although in the real game, you can.
It's nice to figure things out yourself, but I feel that there is just not enough feedback for the player to understand what's actually affecting the thing. That there is no visual clue about when the chance is being resetted in the normal game doesn't help you figure things out either. It's basically trial and error, and that is certainly no fun at all. I'd really appreciate if this was elaborated further - it's the tutorial after all.
Fran

Postby fall_ark on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:14 am

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:11 am

No, I did. It's a bug. It takes your piety from 2 to 0 without punishment I'm pretty sure.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:04 am

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 am

Here's a hint: You don't buy The Badge of Courge. You take 2 boons. You reach one conversion level.

Here's the Solution:
1. Buy The Sigil, The Potion, and The Dagger.
2. Use your money on Tribute to buy Tiki's Edge.
3. Kill 3 meat men.
4. Clean up your last two meat men for piety and buy Reflexes (or whatever the potion boon is called).
5. Reveal and attack the boss. Reveal two tiles, quaff reflex and quicksilver, convert Tiki's Charm, the dagger, and the sigil.
6. Attack, dodge, and first strike.

I'm pretty sure you have to take one more Tribute using the money from the boons, but I'm not sure.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 am

Nandrew

Postby Zalminen on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 am

Zalminen

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:16 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo