[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Dungeon Strategies

Vicious Dungeon Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Dungeon Strategies

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 am

It's not that bad once you get the hang of it! Also, The Indomitable is basically a joke once his damage is down. So as a sorcerer use fireballs to get his damage to almost nothing and then wreck his DPs with your mana shield. Just remember REGEN FIGHTING.

Edit: Yendor is an Elite Item (unlocked by Bazaar 3). It grants 50 experience and destroys itself upon clicking it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Leotamer on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:14 am

Well, the problem is most of the classes you need to beat Vhos have completely differant playstyles.

Also, what is a good class for NT and do I get any thing for beating it?
Leotamer

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 am

NT? Do you mean NC? For NC you any good hybrid class. Actually, just about every class can work in there. The key is the gods. If you get Poison ASAP and then convert out for res stacking and percent based healing you should be fine.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Leotamer on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:37 am

No, I mean Namtar's Lair. I been thinking about Berseker as he isn't really hurt all that badly by posion or mana burn. Maybe Crusader just to scout a bit more and maybe get lucky.
Leotamer

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 am

They key strategy with Namtar's lair is a Binlor into any magic res giving god combo (preferably GG). That way you can have 50% or so magic res easily.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 am

Nandrew

Postby Blovski on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Blovski

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Whoa, when did that happen? That's a huge change. I guess that they decided that the opportunity cost of BoB was already enough of a penalty.

I wish I had noticed this earlier. This could completely change my strategy for developing new kingdoms. At the beginning, trophies are worth 300 gold. With BoB only costing 5 coins, it suddenly becomes a stellar vehicle for jumpstarting your infrastructure.
Sidestepper

Postby Blovski on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 pm

They cut a lot of prep costs two or three updates back, I think.

Half-Dragon on Dragon Isles is an utterly terrible combination. I think I'll need weytwut and lemissi combo to wing that one.
Blovski

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:26 am

I just made a very detailed playthrough of VHoS with the Sorcerer. Check the stickied thread.
Sidestepper

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons