[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - God o' Blood

God o' Blood

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: God o' Blood

Postby FDru on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 pm

So is Dracul 2 impossible or what? Converting the HP potion and using 2 fireballs on the wraith seem to be the only viable way to reach level 2 without being dropped to 1 HP. This at most allows you to hit the dragon one time before leveling, and after that it doesn't seem to matter which boon you take but you can only take one no matter what (Blood Swell is the one that gets the best result for me).

The best I can do is get the dragon down to 6 HP. If it was possible to conserve the mana potion until level 2 then it would be doable, but that's impossible because you can't kill the wraith without using either it or the health potion + some boon (which requires taking Blood Curse too early).

I noticed that we start with 25 gold in this puzzle, which is completely useless. Was that supposed to be Piety?
(or not, since it seems that's not the only puzzle that gives you gold to start)
FDru

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Every puzzle gives you gold. It's just your bank.

They switched TT and EM so EM is first.

Nice update! It'll be interesting to see how much more MR we can get off Binlor using the new IMAWALL change.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Darvin

Postby Abraxas on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Whether or not it's impossible (still haven't beaten it), it got me thinking.
It's definitely not the first god puzzle to leave me stumped for a while. If the god puzzles are meant to work as introductory tools for beginners, isn't the difficulty tuned up a little too high?
Quite a few of the puzzles go beyond merely requiring an understanding of the deity's mechanics, and while I personally appreciate the challenge, I wonder if it isn't something discouraging for newer players.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby q 3 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Granted it would be a fair amount of extra work for the devs, but I agree that the deity puzzle packs could each use 1-3 more "introductory" puzzles with more explicit direction to the player, a la the initial starter pack. Some of the existing puzzles aren't just obtuse, they actually require 'bad' behavior (like taking Blood Curse at level 1, which is rarely a good idea in a full dungeon).
q 3

Postby Nandrew on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 pm

We'll probably take a look at "padding" puzzles where necessary. I'll probably attack the task as a minor thing in the coming weeks. For now I'm wiping my brow and saying that most of the puzzle stuff is done (which I'm kinda relieved about, we don't have a proper puzzle editor and the process has been a little more painful for it).

But difficulty aside, I'm going to take a look at Drac2. I know it was winnable at one point, but I may have broken it by tweaking a property it shared with the other puzzles or something (happens occasionally).
Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:50 am

fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 am

Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:25 am

fall_ark

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:37 am

Well chalk me in for another "probably won't use Slayer Wand" camp. Time to go back to the old badge.

I guess you could use it to clear choke points for a huge exp penalty but the slingshot usage of it took a severe nosedive.
TigerKnee

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons