[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - God o' Blood

God o' Blood

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: God o' Blood

Postby q 3 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:03 pm

On the subject of deity puzzles, I'd suggest giving them a slightly more substantial reward. The gold is fairly inconsequential by the time a player is skilled enough to beat them (or smart enough to look up the solutions :) ). Even something minor, like +5 piety on worship for that deity in all future dungeons, would make for a nice 'permanent' bonus (and wouldn't, I think, be too unbalancing). Alternatively, you could require completion of each deity pack (or an easier, 'tutorial' puzzle pack) to unlock that deity as a church prep. :twisted:
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:10 pm

I agree on it unlocking the deity. It would just require SERIOUS nerfing to the hardest puzzles.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm

I think he was talking about unlocking the ability to prep the gods, not to unlock them in dungeons.
And I agree on giving a better reward than gold.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Ah! I misread. Still, Church prep works just as much as god itself.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby JaggerMcDagger on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:13 pm

So if Dracul puzzle two is unsolveable in its current state, how was it meant to be solved?
JaggerMcDagger

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Fireball Wraith, Mana Pot, Convert Health pot, attack wraith, use blood curse, kill goat, fireball Dragon, convert fireball, attack Dragon twice, Bloodswell, attack dragon twice. Of course if the dragon had less hp this would work, but also if the wraith had 9 hp instead of twelve.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 pm

You don't actually have to attack the wraith - two fireballs leaves it with 2 burning stacks, which is enough to kill it when ignited by hitting the dragon instead. That leaves you with 1 HP at level 1, but blood curse to level 2 gives you first strike on the goat to level up. The dragon still ends up with like 6 HP left, though.
q 3

Postby drplote on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I never tried this puzzle until today and it may have been changed since the 8th, but here's how I beat it:

1. Fireball wraith.
2. Drink mana pot.
3. Fireball wraith.
4. Convert health pot.
5. Attack dragon (burning kills the wraith at this point).
6. Use Blood Curse to become level 2 and get first strike on goat.
7. Kill goat, level up.
8. Fireball dragon.
9. Convert fireball gyph for attack power (if you don't do this, you'll end up short on damage).
10. Attack dragon twice.
11. Blood swell to fully heal.
12. Attack dragon twice more to kill it.
drplote

Postby Lujo on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:39 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:58 pm

The puzzle was actually impossible and got fixed last week.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons