[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - What does "Burning" do, exactly?

What does "Burning" do, exactly?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: What does "Burning" do, exactly?

Postby Lujo on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:13 pm

The thing about corrosion, and Martyr Wraps especially, is that it's not too bad in small ammounts but really silly in large ammounts.

It's the whole Dragonshield / MW question - I'll always beeline for those two because they're just plain better than the CO +8 charm or the Sticky Stick. I must've run into the stick a dozen times but I've never actually picked it up because I had MW prepped for the vast majority of my last profile playthrogh.

Sticky stick and MW don't stack (as far as I know), and MW is a superior item if you prep it, so the stick gets the short end of a lame pun. Same thing with the CO charm - neither it or the Dragonshield turns up in shops, so if you can only prep one, the only reason not to prep the dragonshield is because the other is a small item. Same with the Stick and MW - this does save you a compression, but it just doesn't seem worth it (even though I might be a narrow minded git).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Leotamer on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 am

Even though I have not been able to unlock any of them, but her is some food for thought, GG and Taurog both take a lot of inv space(and are very worth it for their last boon), and they seem like they would be good with these items. I will have to play a bit more before I get their though.
Leotamer

Postby Nandrew on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 am

Subdungeon items are rarely meant to be taken seriously. Use them if the situation makes it appropriate, or burn them for conversion.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm not sure all this was about the viablity of the items, rather than the availability and, hmmm, "prep precedence" of varying power levels for basicaly the same effect. And "unlocking" these in various ways.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby fall_ark on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 pm

fall_ark

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons