[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - None of the special edition user content is in yet, right?

None of the special edition user content is in yet, right?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: None of the special edition user content is in yet, righ

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Lujo's belongs in GT. I belong somewhere up north. Heck you could even have mass graves of 3-5 tombstones each. I request being buried next to an altar to Binlor, the god of winning vicious stuff!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:57 pm

I don't request anything having slacked out on the cash when it was most needed (and being a huge PITA every so often), but if anything is to be dug up out of my grave, it has to be either a compression seal or a still beating Troll Heart (most appropriate, i think).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I just missed the time frame. It kind of pisses me off, but I can't really do much about it (or can I?).

Actually, since people also wanted a level editor how about selling some more copies of it AT DOUBLE PRICE to raise money to build the level editor (also sellable).

Actually, I wonder what's the reasoning behind NOT releasing another 10 copies or so? Are subdungeons that hard to create? Do you not want to have to add more content? Do you not want to stamp names on existing content? I mean, someone buys an edition. Can't you just make a subdungeon with lore supposedly from a book that was written by that person (even though you guys wrote it)? Couldn't you do that with existing lore?

Sorry, I tend to rant on this. I guess my obsessive forum activity and how much I love this game make me feel entitled. Yes, I know I'm no more entitled than you guys, unless anyone thinks I am for dedication(?), but for me there's nothing more frustrating than not being able to have something or knowing I could have had something I'm entitled to or REALLY want. And of course I'd absolutely love my name in the credits and in some subdungeon. If that made any sense.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 am

The EE content was a ton of work - we're still not sure if we'll end up doing something like releasing more of those eventually. The biggest issue was establishing contact with everyone, at least if you guys had EEs it wouldn't be hard to figure out what to do ;)

I'm pretty sure that credits mentions will be happening though, that's pretty much only common courtesy for all the help!
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks for the reply! Sorry about the rant. Don't feel like you have to release more EE's but if you're short on cash you know what to do!

Actually, for any of them bought buy someone on the forum, you could place a stickied thread to state what they want for themselves...

I want the still beating troll heart of Lujo. It should give 5% resistances and corrode globally on level up. ;)

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Ah, I suppose that's true. Still, you're definately right about PMs. That'd be awesome.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Ok, so I've just bought a Special Edition for my brother using the method alternative to Paypal. Since I can't use paypal for some reason, now I'm stuck with the cheapest version, which makes me feel sad :(

On the flip side, I'm 30$ invested, if I can get the upgrade in any way except through paypal, I'll be 40$ in, and then I only have to sink 40 more into gift buys and I'll have worked my way into sort of kind of earning my mention. Unless I've earned it allready, which quite a bit of guys seem to think, and that makes me feel really proud :)

I'm still ready to sink some more cash into it, if that'll allow me to "donate" my way into gaming immortality.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Heck, I'll donate 100 if it gets me eternal mention and reference!

The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 pm

For the special editions for my wife and myself, plus three copies for my siblings, I've got $60 in. That's not too bad for five copies of this game :D I've been considering doing a give-away of another copy on another forum too...
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons