[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A surprising monster ommission

A surprising monster ommission

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A surprising monster ommission

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 pm

If you wanted to be cruel it could force you to kill something, either a waste of hp or popcorn.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Basically it'd be like curse for first-strikers then.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Yeah, but it'd also make the popcorn hit you too, which is a devastatingly annoying combo. I don't think it should stack. Just a yes or no. Or maybe it should. I'm not sure.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:58 am

Nandrew

Postby gjaustin on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:29 pm

gjaustin

Postby JonahHollow on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Skeletons are nice, but if we should add new monsters, I think we should go with more interesting monsters like the rusalka. Rusalkas are also in the Shin Megami Tensei series, one of my favorite series because of the large monster/demon base they implore, containing all sorts of interesting monsters from various religions and mythos all over the world. So it'd be nice if they could find interesting monsters like that series does to include and be more unique.
JonahHollow

Postby Darvin on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:43 pm

I was just giving some consideration as to the alpha wraith being depicted as a skeleton when it occurred to me that the beta wraith looks remarkably like the pokemon Haunter...
Darvin

Postby JonahHollow on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:15 pm

I don't mind Haunteresque looking Wraiths, one thing though is that Haunter is purple right.?
Also instead of making new monsters we could make unique sprites for some of the palette swap ones.
JonahHollow

Postby Darvin on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 am

Ouch, that's tough considering the amount of palette swaps.

Actually, you could make a large amount of monsters with palette swaps/modifications. Devils are bright red imps. Death Mages are darkened or black and white Sorcerers. Liches are black and white humans.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons