[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The cost to use the bank &items from your locker is too high

The cost to use the bank &items from your locker is too high

All things Desktop Dungeons

The cost to use the bank &items from your locker is too high

Postby screeg on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:47 pm

In the alpha I had a hard limit to how much gold I could collect, but now if I want to start with any gold at all I have to pay 25gp to withdraw 25gp. No loan shark in history ever operated at rates like that. I think 10% to withdraw your own money would be more reasonable. How about 20%? Vinni, please, I'm dyin' here!

Ditto for carrying equipment out. It's less like taking stuff out of a locker and more like buying it.
screeg

Re: The cost to use the bank &items from your locker is too

Postby FDru on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:10 pm

The bank is completely fine. If you don't die or spend that gold you get to keep it all when you leave the dungeon. I take the 25 gold every single time just in case... it's usually worth it just to be able to buy more stuff from shops to convert. If I don't use it, it comes right back to town with me.

As for locker items, they are a bit expensive but I wouldn't say that's bad because frankly these items can be game changing. And if tri-swords and viper wards and such didn't cost a lot of gold there'd never be any reason to take those small charms either.
FDru

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

I actually want to take in more money even if I have to pay "interest" on it. I have 3000 gold in my bank but nothing to use it on.

But I guess it's a bit daunting for new players.
TigerKnee

Postby Deadman on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Deadman

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:39 pm

TigerKnee

Postby subanark on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 am

I really think there should be a spending limit on preparations. So that you avoid using up too much gold trying to beat those hard dungeons.
subanark

Postby FDru on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:33 am

FDru

Postby 232 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:51 am

As Deadman pointed out, the way I've seen the bank work is that 25 gold is removed from your "account" and taken into the dungeon with you, no fee is involved. Preparation cost is 25 gold, but that's the same 25 gold that you're taking in with you. If you want you can test this by checking your gold, going into a dungeon with only the 25 gold prep, leave immediately without doing anything and check your gold after. You won't have lost anything at all.

As for the cost, I think it's become very manageable with the new easy dungeons and the boss trophies. Compared with the gold farming/scumming that you had to do in the alpha this is actually quite a pleasant change. Personally I don't see any reason to cap the amount that you spend on preparations for the harder dungeons.

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 am

Well, as a cap, you could just not buy as many preparations? ;)
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons