[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A few thoughts on preparations

A few thoughts on preparations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A few thoughts on preparations

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:01 pm

I think that scout shops and scout boss could be harmlessly added to the game without breaking anything. I can understand why scout altar might not be a good idea. With a modest bit of scumming, it would let you simulate the altar preps, but without the drawbacks.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Namtar's ward costs 50 GP. And now reclamation costs are 50.

I can se Scout: Player, Scout: Shop, and Scout: Boss returning, but it's probably too late.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

I just realized the bazaar is by far the most expensive and worst prep set.
Shop scroll: costs 8, not that great, but still useful. Good.
Apothecary: costs 33, lost a lot of versatility, but still fine. Probably a little too expensive.
Quest items: costs 44, holds all the best items in the game. Good.
Elite items: costs 55, most expensive prep in the game, despite the fact you'll never buy more than 2 of the new items. Bad.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 pm

A lot of the current discussion about reclamation fees doesn't seem to take into account the not-bleedingly-recent fee revisions. For shame, folks. ;)

But I'm starting to find complaints about the Bazaar Elite prep rather tiresome. Literally every time this issue comes up, it's not long before someone points out that a good number of players actually *do* quite like it (myself included, yes). This prep will not be changed. If it's not to your personal taste, there's still enough others who make use of it quite regularly to justify its current existence. ( As well as the existence of every other Bazaar prep, as it so happens. :P )

With regards to some of the other prep discussions, though, we actually now have some data-mining capabilities regarding their relative popularity and will be investigating those some time this week. Honestly surprised to find that people actually like the scouting preps after all, considering that the feedback from the forums when they *did* exist was overwhelmingly negative (and one of the factors in their eventual removal, I specifically remember reporting this consideration to the other guys). Don't know if they'll be making a comeback since we've kinda moved on, but at least we'll have a good sense of the ones which exist now.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Yeah. People didn't like Scout: Player and Boss till you removed them, because when they existed Scout: Altar blew them out of proportion.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Using the data is a good way to go, but you have to keep in mind that the results will be waaaaaaay skewed.

No doubt the reason Taurog is so popular is that it's the first god you unlock, and given his relative simplicity the best choice until you start getting to Hard dungeons where a little more finesse is required. This is on top of regular use, even after all the rest of the gods are unlocked (he's still a favourite of mine).

It's going to be had to figure out a way through all those kinds of variables

I'd be interested to see the stats on the god preps, I'd say there will be a huge gap between +1 altar, binlor, GG and everything else

Too many of these threads come down to personal preference of preps, and everyone thinks their favourite should be cheaper than everyone else's. Honestly, unless you're maxing out at 200-300 gold per run, gold cost should NOT be an issue.
Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons