[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A few thoughts on preparations

A few thoughts on preparations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A few thoughts on preparations

Postby q 3 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 am

Scout Altar and Scout Shops were always amazingly good (the former moreso than the latter). Scout Boss was meh in most circumstances, but was amazingly good for regen fighters (step 1: prep Scout Boss with a Goblin Assassin in any normal or most hard dungeons; step 2: annihilate said boss). Scout Player was the only crummy 'scout' prep.
q 3

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:00 am

Yeah, I don't have problems with the concept of the elite items prep. I have problems with its cost of 55 gold.

I mean, the extra +1 altar for 50 gold is a pure power prep. If Elite items is supposed to be playstyle choice, why does it cost 5 gold more? Unless I'm already rich, I have no use for it and ever since you introduced the gold sinks... well, every run I take basically has to maximize gold gains unless I'm planning to kill 5 minutes in Venture Cave or something.

As far as the Scout prep goes, I basically think it's S: Altar power level overshadowing everything. And of course there's stuff like Scout Boss really only being useful in dungeons with multiple bosses. Now that a lot of dungeons have a minimum of 2 bosses I think it would have seen a lot more use in modern times.

I would maybe just roll them all into a single "scout" prep and make it pick 3 random "objects of interest" (boss/glyph/altars) or something so that you know you'll generally cover very similar spaces scouted but too late for that...?

Either that or replace the booster preps with individual scout preps.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 am

I agree. I don't like the booster preps. And Elites are overpriced.

Scout: General sounds good, but I'd prefer replacing booster preps with Scouts.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:35 am

Bloggorus

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 am

TigerKnee

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:01 am

Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 am

Can we make it at least EQUAL to the price of Extra altar? Right now it is more expensive than any other prep, Locker included.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 am

Well, the way Nandrew explained it once, the Elite Items were ment to be unwieldly when it comes to the price. They consider them more powerfull than other stuff - especially as a set of items. So they are sort of a gold sink, or ment to be one.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:54 am

TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes! That is what I've been trying to say! (I can be a bit awful at phrasing things, but this is what I've been driving at.)

The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons