Unlock

All things Desktop Dungeons

Unlock

Postby Todebro on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 pm

I feel kinda silly, but I'm having trouble finding Jehora Jehoya, and have absolutely no idea how to unlock the Half-dragon and the Vampire. Help, please?
Todebro

Re: Unlock

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Jehora Jeheyu is found to the north. I think you can find him in the Rock Garden, but your odds are probably best in the Shifting Passages (that's where I always find him). If you don't have all the deities yet, it's probably way too early for you to go after the monster classes, which are obscenely difficult to unlock.

The half-dragon is unlocked by beating Dragon Isles with three different classes. That dungeon is found in the far west, and you must beat the Labyrinth with the fighter, berserker, and warlord to unlock it.

The Vampire is unlocked by beating the Vicious Halls of Steel with three different classes. I'm actually not sure what unlocks the VHoS dungeon in the current version, but it used to be beating the hard-version of the Halls of Steel with four different classes.

The Gorgon class (which you don't mention) is obtained by beating the Naga City with three different classes. That's the vicious dungeon in the south, unlocked by beating Ick Swamp with the thief, rogue, and assassin.
Darvin

Postby Todebro on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Awesomesauce! Wait... where's the pactmaker...
Todebro

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Pactmaker is unlocked once you have all 8 other deities. So you basically get a 2 for 1 deal on your last altar unlock.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 pm

While we're on an unlocking topic...Tikki Tooki? I'm sure it's a very obvious place I just haven't gone but wherever it is I obviously haven't had much other reason to go there yet (that I know of.)
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Go south. It's the subdungeon with "mischief" inside.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Ick Swamp is the best place to look for Tikki Tooki, Halls of Steel is the best place for Dracul, and the Labyrinth is the best place for Binlor. Basically, go as far as you can without hitting a vicious dungeon to maximize your chances of locating the later gods.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Later? Really? Dracul was my first unlock. So early I forget where I was. I don't even think I was in Hard dungeons yet. I actually didn't even think until this thread there was an order of any kind, I thought they just showed up at random after a certain point.
Wargasm

Postby Picotrain on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32 am

For me, Binlor was the most difficult. I had no idea where he was, and his location is not entirely instinctive.
Picotrain

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:35 am

It gives a message after you destroy wall 1 now. That helps a little.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons