Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby Wargasm on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 am

How? If he didn't have the resists or I could prep even one potion - you know the one - I think I could manage. Maybe if Retaliate wasn't an issue. Closest I can think of is maybe a Monk stacking 75% physical resist and getting Martyr Wraps and HALPMEH by scumming. Once entirely out of mana, worship Dracul and start sucking up blood pools. Possibly a Dwarf Monk - get those HP high to get a little extra healing off the blood pools/more efficient potions. Basically drag out the fight as long as possible to stack double digit corrosion.

I've finished all the puzzles (was actually slightly disappointed I didn't get orc or goblin puzzles) and I've got all the Silver class challenges beaten except Paladin, which seems to refuse to unlock for some reason. Actually that works in my favour ATM since it's one less item that isn't Martyr Wraps that can spawn in the shops, if I have to go with this strategy.
Wargasm

Re: Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:26 am

Gaan-Telet hard? Yeah, right now it has the vicious Gaan-Telet boss. It should be 999 hp and no traits.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 am

That's funny since I keep managing to do about 1,500-2,500 to him. So I really should be winning most of these runs. Huh. So I guess I have the right strategy for the Vicious one. I guess I should uhm...just skip this until that's fixed then? Or do you think that might be doable as is?
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 am

I doubt it's doable as is. And trust me, the Vicious is a lot longer harder and dangerous.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 am

Probably close to impossible currently. You'll basically need BYSSEPS and Dracul as well as Martyr Wraps and/or Whurrgarbl. Vicious Gaan-Telet actually affords you more altars, so the hard Gaan-Telet technically has less leeway once you do reach the boss.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:51 am

I wonder if this could be a contest; anyone who can actually pull it off gets a minor NPC or something named after them in the full release. I mean Hell, it's Purist. I don't spend anything on prep costs so I can still make a minor profit if I need to retreat.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 am

The problem is for most vets they've already beaten the dungeon, so they lose access.

The Avatar

Postby squirrelnest on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:47 am

Speaking of, the only thing that reduced my elation at finally beating hard GT (before the change / bug that's being discussed of course) was finding out I couldn't go play in there after.

Is there some balance or coding reason that you can only play hard GT once?
squirrelnest

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:50 am

I don't know why not. It's been requested before, it just never happened. I'd still love it if you could play it again.

The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 am

Well I'd think if you made a new profile with the specific intent of unlocking the Hard version again if they did an official contest, you could probably do it in like six to eight hours. If they gave us a week advance notice or something, it could probably be arranged. I'm going to wrap up my other quests for now and if I start getting low on money or finish them all and GT is still in its current state (or they DO make a contest) I'll start scumming for that dream run (that's about what I had to do for Muu..., Warlord Edition.)

But that's possibly because I hate Binlor and just ended up using him long enough to be guaranteed an ENDISWAL glyph and then switched to Dracul. Doesn't help that unless you're a Paladin/Monk/elsewise reliant on resists, that Binlor has one of the sissiest wrath effects. I'm not much a fan of his boons either, unless I very specifically need magic resist.
Wargasm

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons