[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

Postby The Avatar on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 am

I disagree with it making his attack better, but I'd still like to do something with burning. Or glyphs. Or any other buff.

Hmm... I really wish they would remake the entire class. I'd suggest +1 fireball damage per level, but that would get out of control too easily.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 am

Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:53 am

Your suppositions rely on the idea that 1) piety gain for JJ between Wizards and Paladins would be equal. Given that BURNDAYRAZ is not a spell that grants piety for JJ, and BYSSEPS and GETINDARE are (as well as the spellcasting applications of WEYTWUT and APHEELSIK, although a Wizard could likely make equal use of those), in practise a Paladin will gain more piety than a Wizard on top of having cheaper boons. 2) You regard monotheism in MA and EM as a curse - I disagree. In fact, quite often one of the last things I do before ending a level is an Entanglement; I've been known to convert out of other religions to pull that off. It helps that EM is very hard to piss off, too. She's also got benefits all game; Vine Form early game to get HP up, with mid-to-end game Clearances for mana chaining or Entanglement for eating popcorn/final blow on a boss. Greenblood's a little rubbish unless you stack it 5+ times against multiple resistant targets, but that's her only ability even close to useless. I think you underestimate her (probably because her "punishment" is pathetic, making her an easy desecrate target.) Mystera monotheism makes less sense - after you've converted every glyph to Refreshment, there's no point to sticking with her. Of course she's also the crappier deity to and I'd only end up taking her if JJ wasn't around.

Totally unrelated sidenote, but I miss JJ's Polymorph. That was a fun ability, even though I understand they had to axe it to prevent people from turning the Indomitable into, say, Super Meat Man and making a joke out of him.
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:07 pm

As for the wizardI was assuming 5 mp fireballs too. 5 mp for 5 damage per level would make him a most formidable spellcaster.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons