Minor suggestion - show overall completion percentage?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Minor suggestion - show overall completion percentage?

Postby AchromaticSky on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:10 am

Right now, the game shows your completion percentage for each individual dungeon, would it be possible to have an overall percentage for the entire game? (including main dungeon medals/class completions, class challenges, puzzles, quests, etc.)
AchromaticSky

Re: Minor suggestion - show overall completion percentage?

Postby Wargasm on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 am

*Hijacks thread.*

While we're discussing interface changes, in the main menu, could we have "mission statement?" Recaps current mission/PQI etc. Maybe shows what you prepped too in case you might have made an important prep (like less/more glyphs) but forgot about it because a screaming kid made you go AFK right after you started a dungeon or something/
Wargasm

Postby dislekcia on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:43 am

I think we had a total percentage idea in there at one point, I'll see if I can figure out what happened to it... We might have decided that the individual progression offered by the kingdom/map screen redesigns was better.

The in-game menu is being redesigned right now as well - adding current quests and your preps would make sense there. I like that.
dislekcia

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Can I also put in a request for showing race completion stats?

I'd like to have it in there just for kicks. Also the PQI includes race as a restriction, it'd be good to have it contribute towards something.
Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:42 pm

7 races * 18 classes + 3 = 129 combos

That would be one enormous display...
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:57 am

So long as we're talking about this, I'd like to restate my idea for a library-type building. The idea is that it would have a screen with a slot for every item in the game. The slots would start out empty, but would fill as you unlocked more gear. Mouse over would give you the relevant stats, and the borders of the slots could be color coded to denote quest, elite, and artifact status. (this would also be a great way to implement an unlimited locker functionality, just saying).

There could also be a similar setup for the stone tablets that you find in the lore subdungeons. The player could tell at a glance how much of the story he has discovered and could re-read it at his leisure.
Sidestepper

Postby Picotrain on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 am

I agree with the above library idea. It would at the very least be more useful than the tavern currently is.
Picotrain

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 am

I think a 'codex' is in the works for the final game, or at least a little after release. Should contain all the info about the game.

The devs haven't done it for the same reason the wiki is half done- things are still changing.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:24 am

Totally agree Sidestepper. Don't forget info on gods and dungeons too!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons