[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby Darvin on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 pm

As a moderator on other forums, I find trolls are easy to deal with. Pull them aside, give them a warning, and it's a rare day you ever need to ban anyone except spambots. The real hard part is when established community members actually go one step too far. I've seen it happen; a legitimate gripe between two people escalates out of control and things are said that cannot be taken back.

I've also had a full-scale uprising on one forum for promoting a moderator without first "consulting" the community (I was head moderator on that forum, so I had authority to promote and demote other mods). It wasn't so much my decision, since everyone agreed we needed a moderator who lived in a European time zone and the choice of members was dead obvious, but rather that I hadn't respected the community by having a full and forthright discussion before the promotion. One of the most surreal and enlightening experiences of my online life, in hindsight.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah, I've been a mod too but only of small forums.

Got all the Rogues' Den gold challenges done. Tried Paladin and Priest. Priest will just need CYDSTEPP to spawn, I think. Paladin...phew. With preps, I could manage. Apothecary, Burn Salve - just the two Burn Salves might be enough. As is? I think I just need a really lucky set of shop spawns. Haven't tried Monk yet, but then it's in my bottom three classes so far as ones I like, down with the Wizard and Fighter (or Transmuter, I go back and forth on which of the two I like less.)
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 pm

You don't like fighter? I thought everyone liked Fighters...

Priest can't spawn GETINDARE (Dodges) or CYDSTEPP. It does always spawn ENDISWAL, and the bosses do physical damage.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Yeah, ever since his XP change the fighter has been alright.
Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 am

Its pretty telling that this forum doesn't really NEED mods, at least as far I can tell.

Unless they are ninjas and sneak around deleting posts and banning users without anyone ever knowing...
Bloggorus

Postby squirrelnest on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:50 am

[scrubbed]

Let's try to keep personal hygiene suggestions to a minimum.
squirrelnest

Postby Wargasm on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:04 am

It's funny, because I played Dwarf Priest and didn't quite make 200 life. I suppose I should have done Warrior Pact instead of Body Pact and relied on the Stoneskin effect.

It's not that Fighter is ineffective, just...boring. He doesn't really excel at much aside from gaining levels, and that doesn't excite me the way things like Rogue, Assassin, or Bloodmage do.
Wargasm

Postby q 3 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:13 am

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:30 am

I'm not sure it'd be possible purist, but I'd have to look at it again. From what I remember, Whupaz was pretty key.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby booooooze on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:42 am

booooooze

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons