[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Allergies

Allergies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Allergies

Postby fall_ark on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:45 pm

fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Perhaps the amount of gold should scale by monster level? One half rounded up?
Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:48 am

Speaking of which, shouldn't Hard Gaan-Telet have some form of reward? I mean, a spoon is fine and all, but...
fall_ark

Postby q 3 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:43 am

So as far as I can tell, the Sorcerer just has a flat +4 HP cost for BLUDTOPOWA (so at level 1 it's 3*1 + 4 = 7 HP, at level 10 it's 3*10 + 4 = 34 HP). Amusingly enough, despite the penalty being quite stiff at level 1 (and fairly inconsequential at higher levels) it's still possible to get level 1 boss kills, because your net HP gain from casting glyphs outweighs the HP cost from BLUDTOPOWA (spend 1.75 HP to recover 1 MP, spend 1 MP to recover 2 HP). It's just harder to pull off, since you need a high enough max HP that you don't waste any of your recovery - you need to consistently get the full +12 HP from casting BURNDAYRAZ to make the combo work, which requires a max HP of 20+. Or just use PISORF, maybe, although that requires even more scumming (since prepping Binlor generally leaves you with too few walls).

I don't know that it's actually worth the effort of fixing, since it's such a niche case and requires copious amounts of scumming to make it work. Even a Dwarf will have trouble getting enough max HP, since his HP bonus sucks at level 1, so you'll basically need to find either JJ or Earthmother or a pendant of health and BLUDTOPOWA and still have enough tiles remaining to kill the boss. Possible but scum-tastic, and certainly no easier than the other level 1 boss kill strategies. (Basing the Sorcerer's HP recovery on character level would, of course, eliminate the problem altogether...)
q 3

Postby Fran on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Fran

Postby Wargasm on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:00 pm

There is a reward; your trophies stop selling for 75 and go for 150g. Also, Flaming Dungeons start spawning. That was a big enough deal to me that when the Hard tower was temporarily nearly unbeatable, I went and made a second file so I could play without having my economy cornholed.

I'd say that's a pair of pretty nice rewards as is, spoon or no spoon. That's actually why I don't try to convince anyone to make Hard Horatio any harder; being stuck with 75g trophies is rubbish. Let the Vicious Horatio have all the fun when it's much easier to farm up 10K gold to blow on preps trying 50+ times to beat him.
Wargasm

Postby fall_ark on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 pm

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:53 pm

There is no gold reward for beating Hard GT the first time. Just 9999 gold for beating Vicious GT the first time.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons