[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Understanding Mysterious Murkshades

Understanding Mysterious Murkshades

All things Desktop Dungeons

Understanding Mysterious Murkshades

Postby Intoxicatious on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:37 pm

The Mysterious Murkshades in Swamp Romp, and possibly other places I haven't been to yet, are very confusing when it comes to attacking them. They have:

No Exp - Works correctly, but it shows an XP gain is incoming on my XP bar when mouse over occurs.
Mana Burn - I did not get afflicted with Mana Burn (I was a Thief, Taurog Worshipper, with a useless Viper Ward).
Magic Resist 100% - I didn't test this.
First Strike - I assume this applies the Mana Burn, but it's confusing when no Mana Burn takes place.
Bloodless - I assume this has to do with the Bloodmage or something.

So some things are a bit confusing right now.
Intoxicatious

Re: Understanding Mysterious Murkshades

Postby michal.lewtak on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 am

No Exp - Works correctly, but it shows an XP gain is incoming on my XP bar when mouse over occurs.
Just ignore it, plants have no XP, easy to learn.
Mana Burn - I did not get afflicted with Mana Burn (I was a Thief, Taurog Worshipper, with a useless Viper Ward).
True, there seems to be a poison resistance and mana burn resistance here and there for no reason, some people already said that.
First Strike - I assume this applies the Mana Burn, but it's confusing when no Mana Burn takes place.
That's the point, I guess, and it provides a nice little exploit where when you're worshipping Tikki Tooki with a Rogue or you can otherwise dodge attacks in some way, you have a chance of dodging the plants too and gaining a bit of piety (which I hope they don't remove because I like it)
Bloodless - I assume this has to do with the Bloodmage or something.
I suppose. And they probably can't be petrified either.
michal.lewtak

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am

Murkshades are there to manaburn you and block exploration. Right now manaburn/poison resistances are a bit buggy, but that's what the plants are there to do. The rest of their attributes are to stop them being farmed.
dislekcia

Postby Zaratustra on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 am

While we're talking plants, are the corrosive plants supposed to both corrode you on death and drop a corrosive pool (which looks remarkably like a piety symbol) that gives a second point of corrosion?
Zaratustra

Postby michal.lewtak on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:31 pm

michal.lewtak

Postby q 3 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 pm

The corrosive plants are one of the few that don't have magic immunity, so yes, you can cast spells on them. Fireballs will kill them without causing you to suffer corrosion, but they will still leave a corrosion pool behind. You can even IMAWALL them (and then destroy the wall with no ill effects).

The part where they don't have a level is what weirds me out, personally. As far as I can tell, the main effects of that particular attribute are that killing them never upsets GG, and that Assassins can never use Swift Hand on them (which was actually my first idea on how to beat the swamp dungeon).

I kind of miss the Earthmother's plants from the alpha. 100% phys resistance made them a very tricky roadblock.
q 3

Return to Desktop Dungeons