[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Gauntlet Mode

Gauntlet Mode

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Postby harfatum on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 am

I think it makes more sense to just unlock it when you've beaten everything once, and always go through all the dungeons in difficulty order.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:20 am

I only JUST realised that Gaan-Telet sounds the same as Gauntlet. I've just never said it out loud. OMG!

Also, for those looking for an extra challenge, just do runs of the PQI or random run. Can be harder than you think.

All you would need is a way of tracking consecutive wins. I've never hit more than three.

In the mean time, set the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE yourself:

1. Choose a character, stick with that combo of race and class.

2. Choose a set prep list, or a certain gold limit for preps, or better yet, go purist.

3. Start with the first dungeons and complete them in oder of difficulty ( from normal to hard to vicious).

4. Take screenies/ provide an annotated playthrough.

5. Annoy the devs enough that they implement it in some way :)

You're up Sidestepper.
Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 am

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 am

This thread has made me realize that I really would like to see so kind of fun bonus for 100 percenting a dungeon. Not a bland gold bonus, but something quirky and strange that acknowledges that you have mastered that dungeon and it is now your playground. I kind of like the world tour idea, but there are other, probably easier to code, ways to let us horse around.

One way would be to give you insane preps and just let you rolfstomp the dungeon if that's your pleasure. Or, for something completely different, enable a VICIOUS mode for that dungeon and let you truly test your mastery.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 am

What about for 100% Vicious. A SUPER VICIOUS mode? With the original boss stats from the first, hardest incarnations?

Personally, I would like it if it let you make the dungeon a playground. Sort of like Wizard Mode in crawl. It spawns all altars and glyphs (with only 4 and BURNDAYRAZ having CP), all of the shops, and a ton of gold. Of course, the run would not count, but it would be AWESOME.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:14 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:08 am

As if Vicious isn't masochistic enough already...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:15 am

Hmmm, how about giving the player an option to control the random elements of a defeated dungeon (where 'defeated' here means 100% completion)? During prep, you get to choose which altars appear, which glyphs appear, and what is in the shop pool. This would serve two purposes:

1) Enabling a fun Tourist mode for players who have demonstrated total mastery of the game.

2) More practically, allow players to experiment with specific combos in a controlled environment without having to scum.
Sidestepper

Postby Wargasm on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 am

Speaking of 100% completion, are there certain dungeons where certain badges/classes simply can't get a victory? Unless I'm missing something, Warmonger can't happen in Magma Mines that I can think of, with the 100% physical resist boss (except with the Half-Dragon, but then they run into issues with the 100% magic resist boss...), and Crusader probably has difficulty with the mechanic in Cursed Oasis, I'd think. Monks and Gorgons who rely on having resists probably don't do too well there, either.
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:22 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons