[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Subdungeoneering

Subdungeoneering

All things Desktop Dungeons

Subdungeoneering

Postby GoatBot on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Discussion - Subdungeoneering
GoatBot

Re: Subdungeoneering

Postby Darvin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Grats to Kuranes on getting featured. Of course, after this comment it seemed a forgone conclusion that your lovely Taurog would get featured.

Anyways, guess I should play as the Tinker and start exploring. Given the large addition to the ranks of subdungeons, I think you may want to consider adding some to the pool of "hidden" subdungeons. The current monster den / treasure horde / blacksmith / glenrick combo is exceedingly well-balanced, but it's not a very wide range. A few more couldn't hurt ^_^
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 pm

As long as the gold, CP, monsters and XP are covered, moving the goat subdungeon (piety) there probably couldn't hurt.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Kuranes on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Nice! And thanks Darvin. The funny thing were that I read your comment before the actual blog post, so even though I had a short time to let it sink in, the post still surprised me. :D
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby Darvin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Darvin

Postby harfatum on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:47 pm

May have just not played an assassin recently, but.... don't their swift hands instant kills clear a level of curse? Or do they take damage even though swift hands "overrides every effect" in the game?
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Darvin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:00 pm

If you kill a cursed monster, you gain a level of curse. Swift hands doesn't change this.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm doing Tinker runs to scope out the subdungeon changes. So far:

Sir Thrawn's grave has been moved further back in the dungeon. This actually makes the dungeon even weaker, since it increases the minimum number of tiles you need to use to escape, leading to possible overkill if you really stomp Thrawn.

Sir Bradonnnn: A new pre-explored (ugh!) subdungeon where you can trade piety for benefits. There are three price points at 100, 50, and 20.
100: 3 compression scrolls, 1 health potion, 1 mana potion. Hilariously overcosted.
50: Dwarven gauntlets
20: Gold (not sure how much)

The middle reward might be worth the piety or the loss of exploration, but not both. The others are pretty bad trades.

Mass09 Banking: A shrouded (yay!) dungeon that gives you a small, reusable item that consumes one gold and randomly repositions all monsters on the map. Neat. You can locker it, and with a prep cost of 2, it might even be worth taking on almost-purist runs to smooth out bad luck.

The Paan Labyrinth: A very large, preshrouded dungeon with 3 lifestealing imps hiding in it. Potentially very powerful if you know how to manipulate lifesteal or you just need mana. The imps are placed randomly.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Can you kill the imps. What is sir thawn's dungeon. I don't remember it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons