[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Game won't load

Game won't load

Got a problem? Let us know!

Game won't load

Postby Krait on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:01 am

Hello everyone.

I just recently purchased Desktop Dungeons. Went to play the game and it asked me for a plugin wich i installed... But nothing else happens...? The screen just goes black and nothing else happens. I tried with every known browser available to me, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox... I ran out of ideas and i've been trying to fix this for the past 2 or 3 hours...

Bear in mind this is a nearly fresh Windows 7 installation (formatted the computer about 2 weeks ago). I have everything updated (motherboard, graphics card, sound, etc, etc...)

What can be done, i'm really disappointed with the whole situation... Does QCF refund money to people?

Would like to hear from anyone that could help me.

Krait

Re: Game won't load

Postby dislekcia on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Have you had any luck trying the game on other computers? That would help us isolate if it's a driver/plugin problem on your specific machine.

I'd also recommend trying other Unity web plugin games (you can find a list of Unity games here: http://unity3d.com/gallery/made-with-unity/game-list) to see if it's the Unity plugin itself that's having a problem, or just Desktop Dungeons.

If all else fails, refunds are always an option - just send an email to info@qcfdesign.com with your PayPal receipt information, saying that you'd like a refund and we'll sort that out for you :)
dislekcia

Postby Krait on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Krait

Postby dislekcia on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Refunded. Sorry about that.

Sounds like it might have been corrupted and then cached that way, that's happened a few times before. My next suggestion would have been to try out the game via a different net connection, but I totally understand you not wanting to waste your time.

Hopefully the Steam release won't have any such problems for you! ;)

*edit* Also, I see you played during GDC? I take it the game worked fine then. If so, I really think it's a cached corrupt download issue, nothing in the engine side of the game has changed since that version.
dislekcia

Postby morbiditto on Tue May 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I think I might have had a similar case of experience when I first bought the game. After installing the Unity Player it took so much time to load the player that I thought that my browser glitched, but then I went to get some coffee and upon my return I found the games Login screen.

So basically every time I refresh the page It takes a while for the Unity Player to load, my Chrome gives me the Unresponsive Plugin alert asking if I want to end it, but if I do nothing the game loads after a brief delay, my Firefox simply closes the plugin notifying me that it has crashed.

That's about all the issues I've ran into while playing Desktop Dungeons, in the rest the beta runs as smooth as alpha overall, so methinks it's that plugin the matter.

Can't wait for the standalone client ^^
It will all be clear to you... in time... mwahahahahah!
morbiditto

Postby cpassmor on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:01 am

I seem to be having the same problems described in this thread. I purchased the game and went to the 'Play' link. I downloaded the plugin, and it appeared to hang. I tried reloading the page and re-starting the browser. After seeing this thread, I let it sit there. It's currently been sitting for over an hour, but still has not become responsive and let me do anything.

I'm on Windows 7, running IE9. I don't have easy access to another computer to try this out on, unfortunately
cpassmor

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 am

dislekcia

Postby cpassmor on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:33 am

Switching to Chrome seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
cpassmor

Postby hempsader on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:28 am

Don't worry y bought the game i think 5-6 months ago and didn't played at all because of unity problem ,like you i have problem with black screen and "don't sent errors" -same answers alway "update unity bla bla bla..." i tried all even different os on same pc of course however unity sux ,and how i see i won't play it too soon anyway.However i don't want a refund because i hope in one day too see something like an exe version and finaly give it a try .
hempsader

Postby Jethro Tull on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Hey, you can add me to the list...was going to make my own thread but I might as well add to this instead.

I bought your developers support edition not 20 minutes ago (time is currently 5:11 MDT october 6th). I cannot play the game.

1) installed unity
2) unity works on the demo games on the unity page with either browser
3) this game does not load at all in chrome
4) this game crashes before it can load in IE9.
5) removed unity
6) reinstalled unity with no effect
7) have a really good connection to internet

I REALLY wish I knew before I bought this that I was buying a f*cking web browser game. The demo is a download. I feel ripped off on that point alone.
Jethro Tull

Next

Return to Support