Game wont load

Got a problem? Let us know!

Game wont load

Postby Zleecah on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Hey guys,

Just got the game and when i try to play beta i just get stuck on loading screen. In chrome i see the unity logo and full loading bar and in IE i get unity logo and "The content was stopped because a fatal content error has been detected." followed by a window for sending unity error report. Tried clearing the cache did not help, tried few other unity games worked ok.

Any advice?
thanks
Zleecah

Re: Game wont load

Postby Nandrew on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:39 am

There seem to be several related reports emerging this week in particular, so hopefully we'll be able to resolve them soon. We may need some further information about your system / settings at some point to help with troubleshooting.

Best I can say right at this very moment is that -- given our weekly update schedule -- checking the game again after we patch on Friday will be your best bet (but hopefully we can get something speedier and more conclusive).
Nandrew

Postby Zleecah on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:17 am

Its no rush, please tell if you need more information.

Thanks for the answer.
Zleecah

Postby Schlowski on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:09 pm

After two hours of searching and testing on different computers with different browsers the solution is painfully simple: Just make the browser window smaller - suddenly the Unity plugin displays the login info instead of seeming to hang up after loading!

Please put a big red, flashing text benath the plugin area for all newcomers to avoid these problems!
Schlowski

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:52 am

In case it helps, I've also been experiencing this issue, however it stretches back much further than the last patch. The story goes something like this (weeks are approximate):

Week 1: Purchased the game (w000t!) (September 6th). No freezing or hangups, however attempting to go to full screen would crash the game/plugin. As a compromise I just zoomed the web page (Ctrl+Mouse Scroll Up) =D

Week 2: Started getting stuck at the end of the load bar as often as not. The game would appear to finish loading but then just sit there. I use Chrome but tried IE with the same outcome. Also tried returning the zoom level to normal and clearing out cookies and such.

Week 3: Load issue became more frequent on my desktop and home laptop. On the work laptop it started to occasionally flicker and freeze mid game (lost so much money on Preparations before I learned my lesson, lol). I tried a buncha different things each night after I got home and eventually stumbled onto a solution - making my browser windowed (not maximized). It turns out the game had in fact been loading the whole time and was just stuck (I saw someone else mention hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete to force it to refresh but that never worked for me). When Chrome is windowed it never once got stuck. Lastly, the map screen in town and the right-side panels inside a dungeon started coming in completely black except for icons and text (probably unrelated though?).

Week 4: No soup for me..
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
ZokWobblefotz

Postby dislekcia on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Chrome seems to have done something that puts a memory stranglehold on the game somehow. I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

Can y'all try FF and see if the same problems keep occurring? I'm really worried about this, because the bits that are breaking have otherwise been stable for ages :(
dislekcia

Postby Schlowski on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Firefox runs fine now - strange thing is that yesterday Firefox refused to load the plugin!? Anyways, today FF runs DD without any flaws, no graphical glitch or hangup since hours :-)

Chrome loses lots of button graphics / info graphics on the right side for converting items and showing enemy infos, information is hardly recognizable.
Schlowski

Postby dislekcia on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Yup that sounds like Chrome memorystrangling us...

Argh :(
dislekcia

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:35 pm

More details for my story:

"No soup" applies to my desktop for sure (Chrome or IE) and possibly home laptop (would have to test again). Work laptop seems to load it okay in Chrome but the plugin crashes in IE.

Desktop:
* ASUS motherboad
* Intel i7 920
* 6 GB ram
* Windows 7 Professional x64
* Radeon 6870 gfx card

Home Laptop:
* Dell Latitude E5600 (stock + ram)
* 4 GB ram (I think - I'd have to check when I'm home)

Work Laptop:
* Dell Latitude E5500 (stock + ram)
* 4 GB ram
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
ZokWobblefotz

Postby Zleecah on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:09 pm

I tried the window resize in chrome and it works after a few tries. Thanks Schlowski :) I tested it in firefox also looks like everything is working ok, i got the login screen on first run on maximized window.
Zleecah

Next

Return to Support