Is there an email for end user support?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Is there an email for end user support?

Postby Jethro Tull on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Who do I talk to about tech/support and or a refund?
Jethro Tull

Re: Is there an email for end user support?

Postby Nandrew on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 am

Check on info@qcfdesign.com , we'll sort ya out for either. ;)

Alternatively, if there's something you wanna discuss while you're here, go ahead.
Nandrew

Postby Jethro Tull on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:16 pm

There is actually, but first thanks for the response!

Im one of those users who cant play the game at all, and am relegated to the alpha while i wait for a fix that im not certain you realize you might need to implement.

The game simply wont run in a browser for me, while other demo games work. I can get it to run ONLY if i shrink my chrome browser to the size of the game window, which is about a 1/3 of the screen, maybe less.

I have 3 computers, 2 on ATI 1 on nvidia, multiple browsers, driver updates etc all fail to provide a solution. as near as I can figure, I spent 20 bucks for the developer edition of a currently unplayable game.

Having said all that, 2 questions:

1) is there a fix for this?

2) PLEASE tell me that this isnt going to remain a web game for much longer. Even if it works I would still much prefer a program i can download instead of a game I can only play if your servers are running and the internet is online.
Jethro Tull

Postby Nandrew on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:44 am

Hey! Just saw and approved your stuff in the other subforum now, sorry!

(1) I think that may be a problem particular to this week's build of the beta. Quite a few error reports in this area have suddenly cropped up over the weekend. So no known fix just yet, but you can take comfort in knowing that it's probably temporary.

(2) Oh yeah, don't worry about that. It's only a web game for the duration of the beta. We log crash reports and some run data on our servers to troubleshoot bugs and design issues, so the game will become standalone once a proper release is achieved (we also update, like, once a week, and this is the simplest deployment method for us). :)
Nandrew

Postby dislekcia on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Jethro

Can you send screenshots of the problem you're having with the game crashing to info@qcfdesign.com? Maybe I can figure out what's going on based on those. Also I'd love to know the specs of the machines you're having this problem on - we're having a hard time recreating the issue this side.

There does appear to be an issue with the Unity plugin at the moment though, loads of people are getting strange crashes in Chrome in parts of the game that haven't changed in months and have been rock solid previously. So far we've gotten reports of FireFox working the best, and to be frank, I wouldn't touch IE with a 10 foot barge pole ;)

And don't worry about the game be locked to browsers forever, as Nandrew said above, it's this way for the duration of the beta. The full game will be available via Steam and will be a standalone download. Sorry for any issues this is causing you.
dislekcia

Postby Jethro Tull on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:41 am

OK so its like this:

despite unity demo games working flawlessly in either browsers, with regard to DD, IE does not work at all, but no error message. Chrome does not work at all UNLESS:

from a maximized chrome, i load up the game

then, once unity is fully loaded (the little progress bar does its thing)

it hangs there, so i click on the restore down box (the middle one in the top right) and what i get is....

a working game in a browser window thats almost big enough to play the game in its native window. ANY change to the window that increases the size crashes the game. I can scroll however.

on 2 of the three workstations (both ATI high end video cards, quad cores with 4+ gb each) I cannot get the game to run at all. acts the same way both times.

IF I lower my screen resolution to 1024*768 then the game loads, but only to the first screen. then it hangs and i have to do the same thing i.e. restore down the chrome window etc.

in the interest of helping the devs (since i bought the dev edition and all) im willing to let one of them remote into my system to see exactly what is occuring.

alternatively, let me know what program you want me to run in order to give you a spec sheet.
Jethro Tull

Postby Jethro Tull on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:16 pm

hmm...any progress on this yet? Im anxious to actually try out the game I bought a month ago
Jethro Tull

Return to Desktop Dungeons