[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Using Slayer Wand

Using Slayer Wand

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Using Slayer Wand

Postby The Avatar on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah, but to us crazy rich vets that loses most of its meaning.

Totally agree on the blacksmith shop, though you'd definitely have to decrease the price of certain items.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:02 am

I see almost zero reason to ever prep the wand. It's inexpensive, but then again so is prepping nothing at all. The times it's useful, the price is not an issue anyway, and I could still think of reasons to prep something else (unless it's to deal with animated armors or something equally nasty).

I would say it's a bit too limited in usefulness but then we have the Really Big Sword, which is probably worse.
FDru

Postby Darvin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Well, a chunk of effortless XP for a higher level lvl-up shouldn't necessarilly be a bad idea, unless you really need the inventory space. Depending on it's conversion rate, and the amount of inclination you have of worshiping GG on the spot, picking it up as insta-conversion fodder for a spot of piety might also be worth your 5 gold.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:11 am

I may be the only person who thinks that the Really Big Sword is kind of good. I'll frequently take it with melee-centric classes as a hedge against mid-to-high level goo blobs. The deal with the RBS is that, assuming optimal play, its penalty is meaningless until reach the popcorn phase of the game (ie the very end). At that point, you can just convert it, having taken no extra damage and having gotten rid of those pesky level 9 goo blobs for a fraction of the resources you would have otherwise spent.

Ironically, the RBS becomes more cumbersome when the boss itself has high physical resistances. In those cases, you can't just convert the sword, and you have to content yourself with getting in one less hit per ding on the boss so you can soak the extra popcorn damage.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I actually quite like the RBS, especially on non debuff levels.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons