[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Frustrated

Frustrated

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Frustrated

Postby Darvin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that the wiki is going to get a lot of traffic post-release. I'm totally split on whether we should include puzzle solutions. On the one hand, they will be available to anyone who wants to Google, but on the other hand that's a pretty big spoiler.

While I don't think it's the end of the world if the god puzzles are a little out there, the Halfling and Gnome puzzles need to be toned down. Venom Ward and Soul Orb are two items everyone should have in their shop pool, and locking them away behind these nasty puzzles isn't nice.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 pm

The name suits the halfling and gnome situation perfectly: Frustrated. This is definitely the biggest feeling I had when I played them. Really. They're too hard.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lucad on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 pm

lucad

Postby dislekcia on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am

Nandrew did spend quite a bit of time on the Halfling and Gnome puzzles this week, let us know if you like the changes to them come friday :)
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:42 am

Nandrew

Postby Nandrew on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 am

Also, in some instances, slamming down on one or two unintuitive aspects of a solution (casting LEMMISI on a fully-revealed map, converting a starting item before actually using it, etc).
Nandrew

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons