Vicious Dungeon Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Dungeon Strategies

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:30 am

Best approach is probably a Gnome Warlord with a Trisword, but since they buffed this dungeon it's been a shoe-in for most difficult level in the game short of VGT. There really aren't a lot of great options here.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 am

My two purist victories were Goblin Assassin (worship Tikki Tooki, Swift Hands everything that isn't level 10, fireball or PISORF everything else, work in melee attacks when possible) and Orc Rogue (worship Glowing Guardian, absolve everything that's level 1-2 and slaughter everything else), so with the appropriate preps those are both likely to be very successful strategies. (Granted, they're basically the two best all-around strategies in the game, IMO, so that's to be expected.)
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:00 am

I think it still needs some more nerfing (the original minibosses had HALF hp AND no DPs.), because it easily surpasses all other vicious.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby sitnaltax on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:47 pm

I just want to brag briefly that I just completed my first Vicious run! Nothing too glorious--a Human Berserker in Dragon Isles--but I'm proud. GETINDARE is a really nice spell; it helped me defeat +2 level monsters that would have otherwise required a potion. I didn't prepare an altar, but found Dracul, which worked well for providing adequate health resources.
sitnaltax

Postby Lujo on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Gj!

GETINDARE is the sneaky, inconspicuous powerhouse :) On the rare ocassions we did math on it, the results were ussually :shock:
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm still shocked they actually put stacking dodge and dodge prediction on the thing. In the hands of a Rogue, it's basically on par with pre-nerf CYDSTEPP.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Agreed. Love the glyph. Now let's stop talking anbout it before they nerf it :).

Great job on your first vicious win! You've reached a whole new level in your DD skills.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Calisca on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey guys, I've unlocked Vampire and Half-dragon, just gorgon left now O.o and ..... I find Naga City to be the hardest .... I actually found VHoS easier, so far I've tried: Human Bloodmage(Almost got it, think I made a mistake somewhere), Dwarven bloodmage and vampire (not played him much, but i got up 9 lifesteal ... really hard to level up with him tho, had to use a yendor midway from lvl 6 to 8), I can probably win with Orc Rogue, less certain about Paladin, so I need at least 1-2 more ways to win. How viable is Trisword as a prep? It's damn expensive, I've never actually prepped it ... the cost per boost is ... prodigious. Suggestions?
Calisca

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Paladin of Glowing Guardian and Orc Rogue of Glowing Guardian (use the GG prep) are two easy wins. If you want to bust out your trisword, prep Mystera and take a gnomish Warlord. Actually, you may not even need to prep Mystera since you'll get a pile of piety as an on-worship effect.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 pm

What he said. Orc rogues are basically the best class/race/god combo in the game. If you go for the paladin, prep a fire heart.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons