Impossible levels

Got a problem? Let us know!

Impossible levels

Postby torin555 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:51 am

Hi, so ive been playing a bit of the beta and have reached a point where no matter what I do, or what class I play... I cant win any of the levels. I have tried so many times that I have ruled out the possibility of this being a skill problem. I just cant beat the levels. This is holding me back in testing alot of the classes because im not acctually that far into the game.
torin555

Re: Impossible levels

Postby torin555 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm

thoughts anyone? I still cant beat any levels...
torin555

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 pm

What levels are you referring to, exactly?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
ZokWobblefotz

Postby torin555 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 pm

the levels like "den of danger" I just cant win them. no matter what I try.
torin555

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:24 am

And you've killed the level 8 or 10 boss creature?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
ZokWobblefotz

Postby The Avatar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 am

It's the monster that says something upon being revealed. I can guarentee you that it's an oversight or a lack of skill. You win by killing the level 10 boss, and taking the trophy or exit they spawn upon dying.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby torin555 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 am

no its not a technical glitch like that. Its more of a generating glitch. I always find myself in situations where it is immpossible to win solely because I cant level up high enough. the levels also have not spawned any spells that could increase my exp in any way.
torin555

Postby The Avatar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:04 am

There are no spells that increase exp. There are effects a couple spells cause (slow grants +1 exp when you kill the creature, and exp boost gives a 50% bonus of exp to your next kill). Anyways, as a general rule, you only need to reach level 8 or so to beat bosses. Save your potions. Level up mid-fight to fully heal.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby torin555 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Exactly, but there are ways to use those spells to gain more experience. And I always end up at about level 8 with 1,2, or 3 health left. Also I used all my potions at that point.
torin555

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 pm

You need to power up as much as possible via conversion, spells and equipment.

While working your way up to level 10 (or as far as you can get, as you often won't be able to hit 10), you'll want to fully utilize health recharge from leveling and exploration (waste as little as possible) as well as experience bonuses from defeating higher level creatures and using certain status spells.

As The Avatar stated, you don't need to be level 10 to beat the boss.

Bottom line: The game is hard. It's a bit like chess where you need to think ahead and scrutinize every move you make. If you are having trouble, slow down, think, and maybe phone a friend =)

There's a quote on the front page that speaks volumes about the game-play:
"Where I most enjoy DD is the moments where you seem stuck in an impossible situation, and the everything-must-go desperation which results."

PS: If you think the regular levels are hard the challenges found in the Explorers' Guild will blow your mind! (really whether or not you think the regular levels are hard, actually ^_^)
ZokWobblefotz

Next

Return to Support