[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - How do you unlock the monster classes?

How do you unlock the monster classes?

All things Desktop Dungeons

How do you unlock the monster classes?

Postby Prezombie on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:56 am

I've got all the other classes, all my buildings are lvl 3 but the alchemist, just finished Doubledoom's quest, and now I'm looking at the long list of quests, wondering which are actually worth doing.

I've got the big list of unlikely heroes quests, Ice and Fury, The hard dungeon quests (beat x with all the classes in building y) in each direction, as well as Halflings, Ho!

Considering how small all the rewards are for the effort involved, I'd rather focus on doing what it takes to get the monster classes, but the wiki is mute on how to go about doing this.
Prezombie

Re: How do you unlock the monster classes?

Postby harfatum on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 am

You have to unlock and beat Vicious dungeons with three classes. I think you unlock a quest for this either when unlocking the dungeon or after beating it once.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 am

You must have the alchemist to get the quests. If these are your first Vicious runs, be warned, they are far above and beyond hard dungeons. Feel free to ask for tips.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 am

TigerKnee

Postby Prezombie on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:19 am

Perhaps, but now that I have little need for gold beyond preps and bank endgame, I'm mostly interested in unlocking the last major features of the game, and I didn't want to be playing a dozen bad race/class combos if there's no purpose.
Prezombie

Postby The Avatar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

I'd still recommend winning all the quests. Getting a full item pool lets you make all sorts of combos. As for the gold, doing Vicious, as a new player is quite costly. You might need to visit those quests to load up on cash.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 pm

The monster quests are probably the hardest quests in the game. Vicious is several steps above hard, almost a new game entirely. We don't have very many playthroughs of vicious because the original concept of playthroughs was to help beginners. That being said, I think that there is a desire for more advanced demonstrations and we should probably put some vicious content on that thread. I know that I personally would like to see some more vicious content from our resident experts.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 am

Hmm... I might be able to do an annotated run. What Vicious dungeon would you guys prefer.

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons