Extra Challenges

All things Desktop Dungeons

Extra Challenges

Postby Nurator on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:12 pm

I just came to an idea for the vets, because maybe you are as bored as me.. vicious dungeons are done, all quests done, class challenges done and now?

Maybe we can add a list, what strange achievements we can get :)

Here is the one I try to do at the moment: Get ALL badges on one run in any dungeon. No easy dungeons allowed ;-)
Its pretty hard I think, but maybe in 2 hours someone has done it :) Lets see^^
Nurator

Re: Extra Challenges

Postby Prezombie on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:57 pm

All The badges at once? No preparations, buying, converting, glyphs, gods, and killing everything. I can see nine at once, but getting them all would need serious luck.
Prezombie

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Has anyone else beaten the Magma mines bosses in reverse (Herp, physical resist, the magic resist)? I did it and its kind of a fun challenge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:20 pm

What are the stats on the Guardian of Magic (the special monster in Mystera's subdungeon)? That would be a good challenge, if it turns out to even be killable at all.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 pm

999 hp, 999 damage, 100% physical resist, and counter fireball. Pretty much assassin is easy, all else is impossible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:17 am

is magma mines even possible anymore with mystera not lowering the 100%?
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:26 am

its not possible... you need to kill the other ones before you can TALK to the boss :(
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Ouch. It used to be doable with RBS. I suppose you have to kill the physical, then the magical, then Herp and gain the warmonger badge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Getting 9/10 badges on a normal dungeon is doable. The problem is Warmonger, Faithless, Hoarder, Miser, Purist and Ding! Max in conjunction. Without glyphs, boons, conversion bonus, or items, it's very difficult to acquire bonus XP and reaching level 10 is for all intents and purposes impossible. If you remove any one of those badges from the requirements then getting 9/10 on a normal dungeon only requires a little bit of luck, but all of them together is probably not feasible.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 pm

The only dungeon it used to be doable on was rogue bronze. It used to not be a maze, so it was SUPER easy.

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons