Ability to see what monster buffs and debuffs do?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Ability to see what monster buffs and debuffs do?

Postby sitnaltax on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:02 am

Is there a way to determine what monster buffs, debuffs, and statuses do? Most items in the game can be moused over for an explanation--but I can't find a way to mouse over the monster card, because it only shows up when I'm mousing over the monster.

Apropos of this, can someone please explain to me what the Burning status effect does? The BURNDAYRAZ tooltip indicates that it slows monster regeneration, but I don't think I believe that.
sitnaltax

Re: Ability to see what monster buffs and debuffs do?

Postby AshleyTheNeko on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 am

For now, all the status effects, player and monster can be found in the wiki.

For each stack of burning a monster has applied to it, the next time you make an attack, to any monster, one damage is dealt to the afflicted monster. Burning stacks are capped to 2x player level.
AshleyTheNeko

Postby Fran on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 am

If the monster has at least one stack of burning, its regeneration is reduced by exactly 1 (regardless of how many stacks the monster has).
If you attack with an attack that induces burning (BURNDAYRAZ or an attack with magic weapons) burning stacks increase by one up to 2x player level as stated before and the attack does 1 point extra damage for every stack of burning that already was there.
If you attack with an attack that does not induce burning or change the target the existing burning stacks explode and deal 1 point damage for every stack, resetting the stacks to 0 in the process.

So whatever you do, burning does 1 point of damage for every stack and then either gets resetted to 0 or increased by one.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Here's to hoping the codex shows up soon. That will make things much easier for us.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons