[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Not bad! I think I'll put up a Naga City run.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Dang. I had a NC run going well, but the poison boon crashes my game. I suppose I'll have to wait on my run till that's fixed.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Gavster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:41 am

Its amazing how much more difficult a run is just by playing it as a walk through.
I came up with nothing fantastic. I wanted to explain the tinker and jehora a bit but its a weak race/class combo for namtar.
Sorry to bum rush you on that one - I was trying another run but jehora bugged on me and gave me 500 piety through the game - then I had two bum games.
Gavster

Postby Kuranes on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:37 am

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 am

In this case, I saved all my conversions for the very end to eek out an extra mid-battle level-up against the bosses. Most of the time, goblins don't want to even touch conversions until they've collected all their bonus experience.
Darvin

Postby Gavster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

Goblins seem good for the early games but if you can make it to 10, then they lose alot of their benefit. Especially as you go lvl 11+. They are a forgiving race for normal and hard dungeons. Aint nothing to gain 2 levels while fighting a boss with popcorn and goblin. Add in a chaos avatar and you're having fun. So much fun to use goblin assassins.
Gavster

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:49 pm

I just got all the picks for my run. Where should I post it? The wiki?

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Gav, I thought your run was just fine. We haven't seen a good demo of LEMISEE, and it really made a difference in that run because you were really hurting for black space near the end (as happens in nearly all VICIOUS games). It was also nice to see someone beat Namtar without relying on massive magic resistance.

Avatar: The wiki seems like the best place. We're going to have billions of new people in a few months and having it all in one place will answering questions way easier.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons