[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Game wont load

Game wont load

Got a problem? Let us know!

Re: Game wont load

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:40 am

If anyone is still unable to load the game in Chrome or IE due to it crashing, giving some strange mostly-blank popup error, or not refreshing/stuck at the end of the load bar (and the solution above doesn't work), it appears as though the only feasible solution is this: Install Mozilla.

xD
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
ZokWobblefotz

Postby dislekcia on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:05 pm

We were finally able to reproduce some of the errors mentioned in this thread on one of our work machines, but they were very clearly Chrome memory management problems. Went away pretty fast with a restart, which is a bloody shame - I'd love to have a way to trigger the problems reliably :(

I'm starting to feel like there's not much left that I can do to deal with these things via code - maybe we have to wait for a compatibility update to either Unity or Chrome to regain the stability that was randomly taken from us. That sucks so hard.
dislekcia

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:09 pm

It's reassuring to know that you care and have at least given it a shot =) Frankly I figure we won't have to deal with the Unity web player after release so.. shwhateva!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
ZokWobblefotz

Postby dislekcia on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am

We've sent everything through to Unity to get them involved in looking at what's going on here. Hoping they get back to us and say something like "Hey, stop being stupid and doing that silly thing right there!"
dislekcia

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Lol, that's always nice (aside from the facepalm that often follows).

Best of luck to us all then!
ZokWobblefotz

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:38 am

Tadaa! Seems to work in Chrome again!
ZokWobblefotz

Postby torin555 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:42 am

UPDATE: Chrome has stopped being stupid and no longer strangles memory. However this may not be permanent because Chrome updates very often. For reliable game-play the only solution is Firefox. However chrome can be used most of the time by reducing the size of the window. This causes other memory stealing things in your window from stealing memory from the game. Unity has also been having issues with chrome for a few months now because of the sheer amount of memory the engine takes. Unity is working on the issue and it should be fixed sometime soon. Hope this shed a small amount of light on the subject. :)

EDIT: Thanks for the correction.
Last edited by torin555 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torin555

Postby ZokWobblefotz on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:56 pm

ZokWobblefotz

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:56 pm

I have been having ongoing problems with the game not loading on my laptop for.. months now. Works fine in any browser on my home PC(never had a chrome issue at all). However I get a fatal content error after full bar load every time regardless of browser(have tried up to date chrome, firefox and ie8). Not sure what I can try, have retried every update, cleared cache, updated unity to latest, and even attempted the resizing of the screen(which oddly gives me a different error in firefox, shows me a unity crash error instead). Not really the end of the world but it would be nice to continue playing the game mobily(would be much more capable to give updates and feedback).
xspeedballx

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:37 am

Could you post the Unity error you get here? It could be that FF might tell us something useful. Also, there's a small chance that restarting between uninstalling the unity web-player plugin and installing it again might help, there does seem to be information carried over between installs in non-standard ways.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Support