Quiet in the library!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Quiet in the library!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:26 pm

GoatBot

Re: Quiet in the library!

Postby Fran on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:45 pm

My vampire likes the overheal buff :)
I'll give the ADJUSTED demonic library some tries when I get home.
Overall, that is a nice update!
Fran

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Huh... the screenshot seems to give a hint of what "adjustment" actually means. Looks nasty.

Overheal change is nice. It was always a bit frustrating that you could lose health on level-up if you weren't paying attention.
Darvin

Postby Gavster on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:25 am

Yay i finished demonic library. I did use a different strategy though, so hard to say but definately more enjoyable/easier to deal with the bosses. There is still good difficulty in what monsters to fight. The Avatar produced some fun! Was like oh shit im screwed but managed to play it through with my pots.
Gavster

Postby sitnaltax on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 am

I had never tried the Demonic Library before today, but I gave it a shot and finished with a Trisword Dwarf Rogue, which I hear is a pretty good combo. :)

I enjoyed the whole dungeon and found it to be a comparable challenge to the Dragon Isles, which is the other vicious dungeon I have completed. At first I wasn't worried about the mini-bosses... then I realized that the Physical Resist, Weakening miniboss was getting death protections... and I had converted my BURNDAYRAZ glyph. Oops! I had enough resources to finish him off and make it through, though.

At first as I was looking at the bad guys that are summoned, I was like "oh no! they're going to cut me off from upstairs!" Then I realized that some are significantly weaker than others, and that anyone with access to first strike can treat the weaker no-physical-resist ones as popcorn.
sitnaltax

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 am

Hmm, is the Avatar item trophy actually worth getting now? I haven't beaten the dungeon for a long time on my new account because it was way too much effort for the reward.
TigerKnee

Postby Nurator on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:43 am

it was fun to kill all of them :) great change, its fun to play again :) But the item isn´t worth it...
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Can't wait to try it!

Unfortunately, the reward is still lame.

EDIT: Cool! It seems pretty on par with the rest of vicious now.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Meh, dunno. I didn't like the plants theme but now it feels too much like Namtars where the upper level is much harder than the underground. Maybe turn this into a riddle and make killing them in correct/wrong order debuffs/buffs Avatar?
Lagmalix

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Join the 100% club. At least I assume you have all the badges. This one won't be too hard as a human fighter.

They should probably raise the berserker threshold on The Avatar or raise the physical resistance.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons