Screen Resolution

All things Desktop Dungeons

Screen Resolution

Postby screeg on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:33 pm

I have a 23" monitor running at 1920 x 1080. These and even higher resolutions are common nowadays. Playing full screen results in the artwork being somewhat pixelated and the new style doesn't carry over as well as the alpha version did. I imagine you have high-res versions of the entire tileset. Any chance of a high-res option later on for people with big monitors? Failing that, how about an intermediate resolution at whatever size you think you could support? *Or* the option for higher resolution custom tilesets when that feature is implemented?

One more question: will the dungeon tilesets be more varied in the full version?
screeg

Re: Screen Resolution

Postby michal.lewtak on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Oh yes I'd love a HD tileset option. I got a 1680x1050 (pretty much the same situation as yours, except yours is wider, no difference for DD anyway).
It's funny how I'm never quite sure where the game area ends and the rest of my widescreen monitor starts, but I'm getting used to it.
michal.lewtak

Postby Zalminen on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:51 pm

And in the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm playing DD on a netbook with a resolution of 1024x600 which means constant scrolling up and down, unlike the alpha.

It's not a big problem but an option for a smaller tileset would still be nice.

(And yes, the odd resolution is sometimes bloody annoying, I'd love to have a few choice words with whoever designed this device ...)
Zalminen

Postby zeemeerman2 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 am

Zalminen, as the game is 800 by 600 pixels (I believe), have you tried full-screen mode? Your game width should be exactly the same as the resolution of your screen height.
There is a full-screen option in-game (in the Menu) as well as the full-screen option in your browser (F11 on Windows, Command-Shift-F on Hackintosh* at Firefox. Safari in Snow Leopard (10.6) doesn't support Full-screen.)

*There are no "real" macs with that resolution. Just mentioned the shortcut if you used Mac OS X anyway. Also not sure about Linux.
zeemeerman2

Postby Zalminen on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:53 am

Ah, true. I had forgotten about that.

Thanks!
Zalminen

Return to Desktop Dungeons