[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Beta update: Die, snakes, die!

Beta update: Die, snakes, die!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Beta update: Die, snakes, die!

Postby aguydude on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 am

I was all set to abuse a combo involving Bysseps, Wizard, Desecrated Taurog (to wreck attack power), Level 2 Meat Man, Shield, and Mystera's Magic/Refreshment. Curses!

With Level 2 Meat Men dealing 1 damage per hit, I would've had a crazy Level 1 Wizard with absurd amounts of Mana.

Interestingly, I hit the necessary combo on the first try (with multiple Level 2 Meat Men, actually), though the odds of doing so were not particularly low.
aguydude

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 am

Cool, my suggested fix for MA giving piety for mana cost instead of number of spells cast is in. Hopefully no one breaks that.
TigerKnee

Postby codobus on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:50 am

I really like the changes to Tikki Tooki, it convinced me to use him for the first time, and as a result, I finally beat Hard Rock(oh how I hate those bosses) with a gnome sorcerer. The extra xp is fantastic for that dungeon since you almost never get to fight above your level. So there you have it, TT spellcaster ftw (:
codobus

Postby bla0815 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Tikki Tooki has become quite powerfull now. The XP-boost is what was needed to actually prioritise killing weaker enemies, which gives you piety for poison, which gives you piety...

The gods' balance has reached the point, where almost always another god has at least one boon situationally better than the remeining boons of your current god. I find myself worshipping two gods very frequently now. While you lose ~25 piety by converting, carefull matching of your actions to your current god usually gives back more piety than that. Also you get to pick the raisins out of the boon pool.
For example i just had a dwarvish paladin (a rather bad combination), who started with some quick Taurog gear (armour, blade and boots) by picking mainly on spellcasters. Then i switched to GG for enlightment and humility. I still had 100 piety left for the boss fight, because it's much easier to sanctify with Taurog's help. Also you have inventory space for Wuuargharbl if you are not going full Taurog.
At that point i still could have improved my position by worshipping another god. Especially Dracul, i guess. He at least converts dwarves in halflings with more and more powerfull refills. It's just that i really enjoy smashing altars in this game.

Whether it is the balance tweaks or just that i have learned to get lots of piety from every god, multiple worship opens much more possibilities. It also increases the benefit of getting to worship early. For me the random worship preparation finally has become an alternative to the altar scout.
bla0815

Postby platypotamus on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 pm

platypotamus

Postby Nandrew on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am

Nandrew

Postby q 3 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:36 pm

q 3

Postby Deadman on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Ooh, the idea of smashing altars for conversion points sounds very appealing.
Deadman

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:24 am

You guys have no idea how much discussion this generated in the office today ;)
dislekcia

Postby Galefury on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:26 am

Sometimes a sensible god switch blatantly goes against the flavor and actual purpose of a god. My gnome warlord of GG found himself switching to Taurog for the second half of the crypt boss fight so he could cast more, of all things. The -2 piety from Taurog per CYDSTEPP cast was no problem at all, while the -10 piety on mana potion use from GG was a dealbreaker.
Galefury

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons