[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Protip: Do not prepare the worst thing possible

Protip: Do not prepare the worst thing possible

All things Desktop Dungeons

Protip: Do not prepare the worst thing possible

Postby sitnaltax on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 am

PQI handed me Vampire/Warmonger/Cursed Oasis. Now Warmonger is possibly the hardest badge, and Cursed Oasis is one of the harder dungeons, so I figured... my Vampire needs an edge. Something that would perhaps combo nicely with his natural lifesteal and Sanguine ability.

So I prepped... Dracul.

Oops.
sitnaltax

Re: Protip: Do not prepare the worst thing possible

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:13 am

Not that any other church prep would have done you any good...

Vampire is actually pretty good on Cursed Oasis. The biggest difficulty that level has is managing your exploration space, something that's a moot point for the Vampire.
Darvin

Postby sitnaltax on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:19 pm

No other church would have helped, but at least they wouldn't have made a quarter of the enemies bloodless!

But you're right, Vampire was otherwise OK at Cursed Oasis. Animated armors are relatively difficult, with their high damage and no HP to steal if you're working through their DP, but Thralls are harmless.Warmonger of course locks away an important source of resources and leverage, but potions and the Trisword were able to make up the difference.
sitnaltax

Postby Lujo on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Taurog wouldn't make sense because of the exploration space conundrum? Or am I missing something?

Because if you're going warmonger anyway, and you don't have a specifically better churc prep, that's a load of piety just from converting all the glyphs. Going warmonger without taurog is like having all the Taurog worship penalties without any of the benefits (such as they are).

I don't know the exact stats for the current Vamp, as I haven't unlocked him in ages, but even if you take just the skullpicker and the shield, provided they work, you still probably got enough to swap over to whoever else is there...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Ah, lol indeed then :) sry.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 pm

I hate that. At least it makes any easy way to get the faithless badge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm

i hate that too :( it feels really strange, that i cannot worship an undead god as undead!
Nurator

Postby Lujo on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Maybe you can only become undead if you worship the god of undeath while alive. Then, when you become undead and discover that you can no longer get race bonuses except drinking blood and you can't worship gods, you grow realy disenchanted with him.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:44 pm

More to the point, every previous Vampire iteration has involved scumming for Dracul.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons