[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The "What is in the beta so far" thread

The "What is in the beta so far" thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

The "What is in the beta so far" thread

Postby Esoteric on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:40 am

Ideally this thread will be replaced by a full-fledged wiki at some point, but so much changes in early beta...I'll get us started.

12 Classes: 3 each at the Guild, Thief Den, Church and Mage Tower.
7 Races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, Orcs, Goblins.
7 "extra" buildings: Tavern, Explorers' Guild, Bank, Taxidermist, Blacksmith, Bazaar, Witch Hut
5 Gods: Dracul, Glowing Guardian, Mystera Annur, Taurog, Tikki Tooki
16 normal, hard or vicious Dungeons: 2 in middle, 3 each in South, West and North, 5 in the East.
Several items unlocked in the stores by completing each easy dungeon.

SOLVED Now for some crowd participation... a post in the bug thread suggested that you can find bludtopowa with a berserker. Either I haven't unlocked that ability somehow, I'm bugged, or he is doing some weird stuff. Someone let me know which of those it is? -They don't pop up in the central dungeons (as often?) Thanks, guys!
Last edited by Esoteric on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esoteric

Re: The "What is in the beta so far" thread

Postby q 3 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:50 am

I'm not sure what, if anything, is necessary to unlock the third tier glyphs for other classes, but I've seen all four of them outside of their original class. They all started appearing for me sometime after unlocking the classes themselves.
q 3

Postby Halion on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 am

Halion

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:58 am

Yeah, I honestly suspect gylphs are tied to dungeons itself. I practically always see BludToPowa or Poison in The Avatar dungeon but not when I'm doing Den of Danger etc.

Anyone knows where Goblins usually appear? That's about the only thing I need to unlock
TigerKnee

Postby Esoteric on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 am

Goblins like swampy subdungeons, found them in the middle of the 3.
Esoteric

Postby bkteer on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:15 am

which really begs the question....how do you unlock the orcs? I've already completed the vicious dungeons already but still have yet to chance upon an orc in the subdungeons.

Where is he more likely to spawn?
bkteer

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 am

TigerKnee

Postby Halion on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 am

Random easy quest dungeons exist for:
Halflings
Gnomes
Sorceror
Berserker
Monk
Rogue

You have two from the above list available at a time, which can only be done with the specified race or class, and awards a new item for your locker and for shops. Once you have done a quest it stops appearing, and the Rogue dungeon's boss has the funniest boss intro in the game.

There is also another, repeatable, dungeon in the mix, eventually you'll have just it left. It has no special reward, but has items just lying around in it, and the monsters have a lower spread of levels, with the boss at 8.
Halion

Postby Zaratustra on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Updating. (Can we start adding beta information to the DDwiki?)

13 Classes: 3 each at the Guild, Thief Den, Church and Mage Tower, plus one at ???
7 Races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, Orcs, Goblins.
7 "extra" buildings: Tavern, Explorers' Guild, Bank, Taxidermist, Blacksmith, Bazaar, Witch Hut
6 Gods: Dracul, Glowing Guardian, Mystera Annur, Taurog, Tikki Tooki, Binlor
22 normal, hard or vicious Dungeons: 6 in middle, 3 in the South, 3 in the North, 5 in the West, 5 in the East.
Several items unlocked in the stores by completing each easy dungeon.
Zaratustra

Postby Halion on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Halion

Return to Desktop Dungeons