[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Now i know what vicious means

Now i know what vicious means

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Now i know what vicious means

Postby Lujo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:09 am

Yep, must be The Hack, then. Not entirely foolproof, or at least used to not be, but pretty mandatory. It is quite doable in other ways as you've said. And it's not the only boon from that particular deity that I used to rely on there.

EDIT: Come to think of it, that dungeon really opened my eyes concerning the other boon back when you had to think about dealing with Bleaty and Thomity.

And Namtar's Lair was always my least favourite one, I always considered if excessive. Quite possibly due to my preffered playstyles though, it really throws a curveball (pun intended) at some of the obvious roflstomp strats.

Say, while were on the subject, as far as I recall some of the vicious dungeons have no proper subdungeon, or have had no (Dragon Isles, Naga City as far as I recall). That alone made them quite a bit more difficult than regular levels, whas this ever changed or not?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 pm

How do you rate the difficulty of the vicious dungeons?
From the forum it got the impression that Demonic Library seems to be the easiest and Gaan Telet to be the hardest.

But before my next try of DL i first upgrade my bank and will enter it with preps... and pray
Dreamdancer

Postby Nurator on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm

I started with Vicious Halls of Steel, that one has an ok difficulty for heroic.. but my first finish was Dragon Isles :D No idea, why^^
Nurator

Postby Lujo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Gaan'Telet's it's own category. If you manage it on your own, do post about it. It used to be rather doable before they changed it completely, now I have no clue what to do with it (except scumming for a GG Rogue and then something something). Used to be my playground :( Now it's DD meets Kaizo Mario.

I'd say Naga City's the easiest as it falls more into puzzle than dungeon territory. This was my opinion before they apparently nerfed it, so it's possibly even easier.

I'm not sure about the others as they've changed since the last time I played them.

Dragon Isles used to be easy for me, except only a few classes could really do them. It was more stupid than challenging, the way it used to work, and maybe still does, with all the fat monsters in the game in one place and very little exploration.

Namtar's lair gets the rep for being rather easy on the forums, but I hated it. Playstyle and strat prefference thing I guess.

I'm not sure what' the current DL is like, it used to be the easiest, then it was insane, then it got nerfed a bit. Avatar used to make a mockery of it, but then again he's Avatar.

VHOS - was supremely difficult for a while for some reason I can't remember right now. I know I didn't even unlock the vampire on my last playthrough. Not sure where it stands now, some people say it's easy. Not sure why.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't remember VHoS being so hard. Maybe we were all so focused on CYDSTEPP it just seemed hard.

EDIT: DP used to not decrease damage.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Lujo

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 pm